testtest

Welcome Message

I find it hard to believe there are people who aren't LZ fans. :cool:
Thx - hard not to like LZ - unless ur sporting skinny jeans & a man bun driving ur Prius to Starbucks listening to NPR, then you prolly are offended by them !
Ah, me, never cared for them to be honest, grew up with them on the radio, and I don’t wear skinny jeans, no man bun, and no way in he77 would I even look at a Prius, just never cared for there music, never liked Robert Plant….never liked the Stones either….

Ah, me, never cared for them to be honest, grew up with them on the radio, and I don’t wear skinny jeans, no man bun, and no way in he77 would I even look at a Prius, just never cared for there music, never liked Robert Plant….never liked the Stones either….
Tbh, Boston, Rush, & Seger were more appealing but still liked LZ & the Stones. Make cassette tape recordings off the radio stations or records from my record player.

Tbh, Boston, Rush, & Seger were more appealing but still liked LZ & the Stones. Make cassette tape recordings off the radio stations or records from my record player.
I was mostly into early Kiss, Kiss, Hotter then Hell and Dressed to Kill, and the original Kiss Alive, Destroyer was good, but after that, didn’t care for the direction they were heading, Listened to Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, did like Rush

I was mostly into early Kiss, Kiss, Hotter then Hell and Dressed to Kill, and the original Kiss Alive, Destroyer was good, but after that, didn’t care for the direction they were heading, Listened to Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, did like Rush
I was ( am) a Kiss fanatic. I think I was Gene Simmons for Halloween from 8 until I quit trick or treating. My first ever concert was Kiss, October 2, 1979 at The Checkerdome ( long gone) in St. Louis. John Cougar opened and was boo'ed heavily. His only hit at the time was I Need a Lover That Won't Drive Me Crazy and he was still just John Cougar. It was the Dynasty tour, which is the album which ended the perfect record of bad ass Kiss albums. No studio albums they made after 1977s Love Gun are worth the vinyl their printed on. My first band covered Kiss extensively and among the first songs I learned how to play are tracks like " Goin' Blind, 100,000 Years, She, Black Diamond, Got To Choose, Parasite, I Want You, Mr. Speed, etc..

Those songs have stood the test of time and are still great songs. Unlike Lick it Up and all that horrible crap they put out after Ace and Peter left.

While Gene Simmons is not even close to my biggest influence as a bass player, he is ( along with my father, also a bass player) directly responsible for getting a bass in my hands at 8 years old. By the time I was 15 I was in working bar bands. I have only ever been in one band which I did not start myself and pick the players. Ironically it was not that very long ago, the music was weird and not my cup of tea at all and is the only time I ever recorded in a studio. We did a movie soundtrack for a film called " Spanish Lake". Which any St. Louis area members will have at least heard of.

Back