testtest

well....i'm going to jail

well with the court summons, came directions to the free parking/shuttle location..

thier directions were ok, but, "bear left here, go straight there, make a loop here, and dig a ditch there," were just a wee bit much for me, even after being on the road for decades.

so i did the normal thing to do these days

i googled the location..

jesus h. christ......

it's like an 85% near straight shot (as the crows fly) from my house to there, in like about 15 minutes, with the early morning traffic.

in fact, many times in the past, i drove by the parking area, but it is on a side street, so i never really noticed it.

yep.....

January 2nd.......off to jail i go.......i'll miss you guys (and ladies)

apparently that Jury Duty form they sent me, 2 months ago, telling me "you might be called".....???

well...they sent me .....DA SUMMONS........ that my time in thier jail, is needed.

they say in that letter, i got earlier today, that if i am not needed, it'll only be 2 days......

otherwise, if i get picked for a jury trial.......i can be there...........until it ends.

damn............my freedom is being taken away from me.

you know what this ultimately means..??

NO NAPS......!!!!!

unless i can sneak one in............????

do they wake you up......or let you sleep....???
Or you could tell you'll vote to hang 'em after their fair trial. That'll get you sent home on the double too.

update:

went to jury duty this morning...got to the parking area at like 7:05, for the mini bus to take us to the courthouse for 7:45...

checked in, went to jury lounge....waited until about 9:15 for all of us to go the the court room, watch a video, which stopped at like the 2 minute point, and yup, i learnt something......so did the 299 others there.

anyway, nearly froze my ass off in the jury lounge and the courtroom...good thing i had my jacket, hoodie, and knitted hat.

long johns would have been a great idea too......i just don't have them.

judge came in, gave a welcome and appreciation speech, on us doing our legal obligation, and civic duty

i couldn't hear much, my teeth were chattering

anyway, the judge asks....."anyone here have any biases"???

me an like 7 others raise our hands faster than Brandon raises spoonful of ice cream to his mouth.

sheriff took all our juror numbers, told us to sit down.

jury selection took a long time, once in thier juror chairs, each was asked the same questions by the judge, the both lawyers (state and defense) asked thiers.

out of 14 jurors, at least 5 were excused for various cross examinations

the new jurors were seated and the whole shabang nonsense all over again

jury was finally seated at 3:30, and all of us not picked were told, we were done, thank you very much for your time

supposed to be 3 years before they can call me again.

i'll expect to be dead long before that.

and if not

SOMEONE PAHLEEZE SHOOT ME..!!!!!!!!

update:

went to jury duty this morning...got to the parking area at like 7:05, for the mini bus to take us to the courthouse for 7:45...

checked in, went to jury lounge....waited until about 9:15 for all of us to go the the court room, watch a video, which stopped at like the 2 minute point, and yup, i learnt something......so did the 299 others there.

anyway, nearly froze my ass off in the jury lounge and the courtroom...good thing i had my jacket, hoodie, and knitted hat.

judge came in, gave a welcome and appreciation speech, on us doing our legal obligation, and civic duty

me an like 7 others raise our hands faster than Brandon raises spoonful of ice cream to his mouth.

jury selection took a long time, once in thier juror chairs, each was asked the same questions by the judge, the both lawyers (state and defense) asked thiers.

jury was finally seated at 3:30, and all of us not picked were told, we were done, thank you very much for your time

and if not

IMG_2406.gif

update:

and if not

Sounds traumatic. 🤣

Sounds traumatic. 🤣
OMFG it was.....

i only had a bagel and water for breakfast....no coffee.......

for lunch, i had a chocolate bar, and bottled water from the vending machines....

(i needed something for the sugar.)

i went past my 12 PM nap time.......

i had to pee 2 times, and the damn men's room light.??

was automatic shut off...IN THE MIDDLE OF MY PEEING..!!

had to move to make the lights come back on again..!!!!

i'm glad i wasn't taking a dump at the time, how da hell do you move on the toilet...???

you ever watch the movie.."police squad"..and capt Drebin is peeing and he has a "hot mic", and everyone can hear him pee then fart.??

well the mens room was near a book shelf and there were ladies sitting there..!!

i think they heard me peeing.....hell, it was even LOUD to me too......echo..echo...echo.....

OMFG it was.....

for lunch, i had a chocolate bar, and bottled water from the vending machines....

i'm glad i wasn't taking a dump at the time, how da hell do you move on the toilet...???

you ever watch the movie.."police squad"..and capt Drebin is peeing and he has a "hot mic", and everyone can hear him pee then fart.??

well the mens room was near a book shelf and there were ladies sitting there..!!

i think they heard me peeing.....hell, it was even LOUD to me too......echo..echo...echo.....
IMG_2424.gif

OMFG it was.....

Its loud cause your distance to target is … ahh… a little farther than others 🤪🤪🤪

Back