testtest

Well things seem to work the way they are supposed to.

So every once in awhile my lack of adequate sleep catches up with me. Last night after supper I had one Guinness ES and an hour later I was sleeping sitting up on a couch. This was maybe 6:30. Wife woke me a couple times doing various noisy stuff, but I couldn't seem to make myself get up. She finally made me get up and go to bed with her around 10. Once in bed I woke up maybe 4 times before I got up this morning at 5 AM. I figure all in all I wound up with about 8 hours of sleep. And a back ache.

Turns out the other group of guys that were supposed to be doing this course with me today had to bail out leaving just me. So I will essentially get 6-8 hours of private instruction for the cost of one course. It's like half price. With the accelerated time frame of me being the only student the handgun stuff will go pretty fast so we will be doing some shotgun stuff too, which makes me extremely happy. The only downside is it's going to cost me 2-3 times as much money in ammo as it is for the class. This will be the first actual shotgun class with the new Beretta and I am highly stoked. Probably why I am up about 4 hours earlier than I have to be. :)

So every once in awhile my lack of adequate sleep catches up with me. Last night after supper I had one Guinness ES and an hour later I was sleeping sitting up on a couch. This was maybe 6:30. Wife woke me a couple times doing various noisy stuff, but I couldn't seem to make myself get up. She finally made me get up and go to bed with her around 10. Once in bed I woke up maybe 4 times before I got up this morning at 5 AM. I figure all in all I wound up with about 8 hours of sleep. And a back ache.

Turns out the other group of guys that were supposed to be doing this course with me today had to bail out leaving just me. So I will essentially get 6-8 hours of private instruction for the cost of one course. It's like half price. With the accelerated time frame of me being the only student the handgun stuff will go pretty fast so we will be doing some shotgun stuff too, which makes me extremely happy. The only downside is it's going to cost me 2-3 times as much money in ammo as it is for the class. This will be the first actual shotgun class with the new Beretta and I am highly stoked. Probably why I am up about 4 hours earlier than I have to be. :)
I’ll take paying more in ammo for personalized instruction any day. Have fun with the course.

I have to get my M1A and handguns to the range before my surgery because I know there will be no shooting for a month or two after.

I’ll take paying more in ammo for personalized instruction any day. Have fun with the course.

It took me a couple of hours of agonizing over ammo piles last night to decide that I would be down for the impromptu shotgun course. Really I didn't fully decide until I got up this morning. Handgun piles are in good shape and I don't mind not hitting the range for a bit while I replace expended stock of handgun ammo, but like a junkie I will lie steal and cheat to come up with shotgun shells to shoot every weekend.

Yeah it's just not worth the hangover these days. I miss being able to drink like I could in my 20's and early 30's.
Even my 40s. When I was 43 I started a new band and the while we were in the rehearsal stage we went under the working title " 30 Pack" because that's what we drank every rehearsal. It was a 3 piece band and rehearsals were 5 hours, twice a week.

Sounds exhausting lol

You don't know the half of it. Average 5-6 shows a month. Each show entails ( besides regular weekly rehearsals) a couple hours to load the trailer. An hour to load in, set up and soundcheck. Play for 4 hours with two 15 minute breaks. An hour to load out and then travel home. 3 piece so money was spit 3 ways. Anywhere from $500-$800 per show. Definitely was not in it for the money. T***ies and beer.

Did that for a little over 5 years before deciding the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. I sold 15k worth of PA equipment for a couple grand ( bought a shotgun and a pistol). I still have a few guitar amps, My bass rig ( SVT 2 non pro with an Ampeg 810) and 8 or so guitars and maybe 15 basses.

Even my 40s. When I was 43 I started a new band and the while we were in the rehearsal stage we went under the working title " 30 Pack" because that's what we drank every rehearsal. It was a 3 piece band and rehearsals were 5 hours, twice a week.
Without the 30 pack rehearsal would have been about an hour. Hahahaha.
My liver cried, “uncle!” a few years ago. So i gave it up. Saved quite a bit of money... then i started shooting and buying guns and ammo.

Have fun bassbob

I don’t remember most of my dreams. Most nights i don’t think i dream. Hard to know if i don’t remember them!
My restless sleep started about 25 years ago due to stress. That then became my normal sleep pattern. On top of that having to get up to take a leak a couple times a night hasn’t helped (thanks to the natural progression of age) hasn’t helped.
When i used to drink that didn’t help me sleep. Now that i don’t drink i still wake up tired but without the headache. Hahaha.
Without the 30 pack rehearsal would have been about an hour. Hahahaha.
My liver cried, “uncle!” a few years ago. So i gave it up. Saved quite a bit of money... then i started shooting and buying guns and ammo.
Kinda what happened to me in 2014-15.
Doc said ‘no more alc at all’ after my blood pressure went up and I was having stomach probs. Said I was nearing a “threshold” or some such and if I crossed it it would amount to serious alcoholism.
Turned out i had to have some meds to assist in stopping - but it worked! Couple months later, no meds needed, no urge to have a beer, B P almost normal, etc.

These days my BP is about 118/70, eating a lot of veggies and haven’t had a beer since 2015. Do need to drop about 15 lbs and working on that:)

Kinda what happened to me in 2014-15.
Doc said ‘no more alc at all’ after my blood pressure went up and I was having stomach probs. Said I was nearing a “threshold” or some such and if I crossed it it would amount to serious alcoholism.
Turned out i had to have some meds to assist in stopping - but it worked! Couple months later, no meds needed, no urge to have a beer, B P almost normal, etc.

These days my BP is about 118/70, eating a lot of veggies and haven’t had a beer since 2015. Do need to drop about 15 lbs and working on that:)
These days i drink NA’s to scratch the beer itch. There are some real good ones on the market now that don’t have a sweet aftertaste like most NA’s have. Athletic Brewing and Brew Dog are my favorites.
I also have 15 lbs to lose. Funny, after i quit drinking i gained weight, not lose. Ugh!

Yeah it's just not worth the hangover these days. I miss being able to drink like I could in my 20's and early 30's.
Well, it's a fact I'm not "able to drink like I could in my 20's and early 30's" ...... but it's also a fact I don't miss it. I'll have a couple/three fingers of Jack Daniels or maybe Maker's Mark on the rocks with a good steak dinner, and occasionally a really cold beer on Pizza night, but that's about these days.

And that beer has to be really, really cold. I like it best when it turns to little crystals of ice when I break the seal. I never could stand pizz warm beer, but these days I'm even more particular about it being really cold.

I am having a Guinness as we speak. I'm only ever good for 2 or 3 these days though.

Had a great time at my class today. A guy showed up that Bill knew and had forgotten to message about most of the other guys bailing on today's class. This guy used to be a rep for a company that sold equipment to police departments and security companies. He has a basement full of cool stuff that he is selling at steep discounts. Benchmade and Gerber knives more than half off. Streamlight TLR7 ( I could be missing or adding a letter to this one, I am not a WML guy) for $50. Med packs for $10. And that isn't the cool part. The cool part is this guy was a cop for 40 years and is also an instructor. Not just an instructor though, he's a guy that has trained with Rob Leatham, Clint Smith and he took courses at Gunsite when the Colonel was still around. Basically me being the only student, I was doing almost all of the drilling and shooting and had two instructors giving me feedback and instruction in real time. It was really kind of amazing. I had such a great time with the VP9 we never even got around to the shotguns. Bonus points for not blowing through another $150 worth of shotgun shells. The instruction I got has me shooting this VP9 better than ever.

Anyway.......

I am having a Guinness as we speak. I'm only ever good for 2 or 3 these days though.

Had a great time at my class today. A guy showed up that Bill knew and had forgotten to message about most of the other guys bailing on today's class. This guy used to be a rep for a company that sold equipment to police departments and security companies. He has a basement full of cool stuff that he is selling at steep discounts. Benchmade and Gerber knives more than half off. Streamlight TLR7 ( I could be missing or adding a letter to this one, I am not a WML guy) for $50. Med packs for $10. And that isn't the cool part. The cool part is this guy was a cop for 40 years and is also an instructor. Not just an instructor though, he's a guy that has trained with Rob Leatham, Clint Smith and he took courses at Gunsite when the Colonel was still around. Basically me being the only student, I was doing almost all of the drilling and shooting and had two instructors giving me feedback and instruction in real time. It was really kind of amazing. I had such a great time with the VP9 we never even got around to the shotguns. Bonus points for not blowing through another $150 worth of shotgun shells. The instruction I got has me shooting this VP9 better than ever.

Anyway.......
Good way to spend a Saturday.

Back