testtest

Well this should make Annihilator's day!

8BF348CC-630B-4F43-A57F-3193ED5A3D57.gif

In all seriousness, tho - why?

About the only market as over-saturated as the polymer striker pistol market is the AR market. There are sooo many decent to very good AR options already, so many parts available to build your own - what does Glock think they are going to bring to the table at this point?

I mean, if you're finally going to branch out from making the same thing for 30 years, wouldn't you at least try do something interesting and different? This is kind of like if Honda made nothing but 4-door sedans for decades, and then suddenly said, "Hey! We're making a mini-van now, too!!"

Of course, the diehard fanbois are going to trip all over themselves to own one. But for anyone who isn't a complete single-brand kool-aid drinker, I just don't get it.

In all seriousness, tho - why?

About the only market as over-saturated as the polymer striker pistol market is the AR market. There are sooo many decent to very good AR options already, so many parts available to build your own - what does Glock think they are going to bring to the table at this point?

I mean, if you're finally going to branch out from making the same thing for 30 years, wouldn't you at least try do something interesting and different? This is kind of like if Honda made nothing but 4-door sedans for decades, and then suddenly said, "Hey! We're making a mini-van now, too!!"

Of course, the diehard fanbois are going to trip all over themselves to own one. But for anyone who isn't a complete single-brand kool-aid drinker, I just don't get it.
You mean, like when Springfield got into the market with their Saint?

It’s not like you need to spend much on R&D on an AR; heck…I bet Glock MAYBE only produces a couple components, and the majority are all off-the-shelf components (Magpul stock , and maybe grip, for example). You just have to assemble it…

You mean, like when Springfield got into the market with their Saint?
Yup. Except at least Springfield already has a lot more diversity in their lineup, so an AR is just one of numerous options they have.
It’s not like you need to spend much on R&D on an AR; heck…I bet Glock MAYBE only produces a couple components, and the majority are all off-the-shelf components (Magpul stock , and maybe grip, for example). You just have to assemble it…
That's exactly why I don't understand why they would bother with offering one in the first place. Except maybe they're finally getting worried about Sig making so many in-roads with mil contracts, and felt they needed to come up with something.

Yup. Except at least Springfield already has a lot more diversity in their lineup, so an AR is just one of numerous options they have.

That's exactly why I don't understand why they would bother with offering one in the first place. Except maybe they're finally getting worried about Sig making so many in-roads with mil contracts, and felt they needed to come up with something.
Why not? The entire idea of a business is to make money. If they believe that they can add an entirely new production line without harming thier current lines why would they not do so? It in no way competes or splits thier customer base, in fact, they are probably relying upon a loyal customer base as ready made customers.

If they can as Hans says, make a few components and utilize off the shelf items for thier fans to have a Glock rifle to go with thier why would they not take advantage of that market.

Why not? The entire idea of a business is to make money. If they believe that they can add an entirely new production line without harming thier current lines why would they not do so? It in no way competes or splits thier customer base, in fact, they are probably relying upon a loyal customer base as ready made customers.

If they can as Hans says, make a few components and utilize off the shelf items for thier fans to have a Glock rifle to go with thier why would they not take advantage of that market.
It's a free country. Of course if they want to make ARs, they are more than welcome to. My point is that I don't see how it's going to be anything new or different than a 1,000 other options. But I readily admitted above that I have no doubt there will be people who will buy them. I won't be one of them.

It's a free country. Of course if they want to make ARs, they are more than welcome to. My point is that I don't see how it's going to be anything new or different than a 1,000 other options. But I readily admitted above that I have no doubt there will be people who will buy them. I won't be one of them.
Pkus, think of the possible police deoartment bundling possibilities. Your department buys Glock pistols, bundle them with Glock patrol rifles at a discounted price. One manufacturer obe warranty company. It's actually a genius possibility.

And no, I do not own a Glock or AR. But I do see the possibilities in the move from thier point of view.

Back