testtest

What are you doing right now??

This sounds like a great idea....

20240224_113018.jpg

I guess my reply on, What are you doing right now, thread was either in the wrong place or too controversial. Sorry if I broke the rules.
Neither too controversial nor in the wrong place friend ... just that nobody was doing anything at the time and didn't care what you were doing! LOL!

Edit: Just kiddn' with you a little. I didn't see what you wrote so I really don't know. But apparently it wasn't you, or your issue!

Last edited:
my house got 2 new gas meters 2 years ago, but they are the old fashion style....and in the basement.

there is also some sort of "wifi"? set up on them.

View attachment 55146
They all have it. It's how they read meters. Been that way a couple decades. These new meters are different. They can be controlled remotely. They can stop the flow of gas in an emergency or for non payment. And if a pipe breaks in the house they sense the pressure and stop the gas.

Since I know this meant to be funny I won't waste my time typing out all the reasons this couldn't happen.

Suffice it to say a cigarette doesn't burn hot enough to ignite gas in free air.

You know old timers, my old man included, used to check for gas leaks with a lighter. And I routinely watch welders weld live gas mains. Sometimes leaking or punctured gas mains.

Gas is way less dangerous than people think it is. In fact the only way it's really dangerous is concentrated between 4 and 14 percent.

Since I know this meant to be funny I won't waste my time typing out all the reasons this couldn't happen.

Suffice it to say a cigarette doesn't burn hot enough to ignite gas in free air.

You know old timers, my old man included, used to check for gas leaks with a lighter. And I routinely watch welders weld live gas mains. Sometimes leaking or punctured gas mains.

Gas is way less dangerous than people think it is. In fact the only way it's really dangerous is concentrated between 4 and 14 percent.
I get it. Worked with it up north in the military.

Hi,

Well, when this thread was created, I was at work...no phones allowed. Man, I really have to retire. I seem to miss the most interesting stuff:oops:. Right now I am tired, and full, and sipping on this before bed...

View attachment 55187

Now that I've finished my chores for the day, I'm chillin' with Netflix and one of my favorite local brews.

1000000055.jpg

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

i know, but too, if one watches enough movies, every car explodes crashing, every gun shot sound, the cops come running, every woman screaming, a monster is running behind her, and everything makes a gas stove blow up

Back