testtest

What are you doing right now??

Making chips...
20240402_135333.jpg

That would be too much like work! Here is the oval top for this one
Looking real good. I got into furniture making about 10 years ago. Definitely not at your level. I turned our two car garage into a pretty well equipped shop. I considered my work as an advanced hobby. I won't tell a long story but COPD put a halt to my woodwork, couldn't handle the dust. I really miss woodworking.

Copper pigtails.

Basically the last 10’ or so of a lot of these services are copper. Because in the 70s and 80s the risers ( the pipe coming out of the ground that your meter set is attached to) were made out of copper. They made them up in the shop and when they were installed they were just hooked to the plastic service line with a coupling.
So we dig a hole at the meter and dig down until the copper turns and starts running out toward the main. Then using a locator I find where the copper ends and dig a hole ( with a shovel and these can be anywhere from 18”-50” deep) over the service line about 24”x18”. Or barring that dig a hole over the service anywhere it is plastic. Then using a squeeze off I stop the gas, cut the plastic service line, then cut the copper in the riser hole and shove a steel cable through it until it pops out in the yard hole through the service line. The cable has a splitter and a Chinese finger attached to it. I hook a new riser with the appropriate amount of plastic service line to the finger along with some trace wire. Then I run the other end of the cable through a puller ( like a block and tackle) that I attach it to the boom on my trackhoe. Then I pull the cable which splits the copper ( or pulls it out if you use a washer 😉) and pulls the new service line into my yard hole where I air test it then connect it to the existing plastic service line with a Lycofit coupling. Then I backfill, using an air tamper if necessary and put the sod back on top and you can barely tell I was there. Then we paint the meter set “ meter gray”, set a new meter, pressure test the fuel runs and relight any standing pilots.

I can do one of these in about 4 hours. And as you can see I spent some of that time here BSing with you. 😊

I bought 3 guns and god knows how much ammo last year with copper money. 😊

Looking real good. I got into furniture making about 10 years ago. Definitely not at your level. I turned our two car garage into a pretty well equipped shop. I considered my work as an advanced hobby. I won't tell a long story but COPD put a halt to my woodwork, couldn't handle the dust. I really miss woodworking.
Can you stand using a respirator? I have central dust collection but still need a mask sometimes. BTW, those COVID masks work well for that.

Oh, I remember those Aussie troops in Southeast Asia, they rose beer drinking to an art form!
I have friends there. It’s a pretty safe place. I think she’ll enjoy it a lot. Other than the flight.
I’ve been 5x for work with the wineries and went there for our honeymoon. Why she picked going there versus Europe

Can you stand using a respirator? I have central dust collection but still need a mask sometimes. BTW, those COVID masks work well for that.
I too had central dust collection. Most of the problem was when sanding. Used a vac on orbital sanders but when block sanding or just using sanding sheets the dust was too much. Like you there was always dust in the air. Tried the paper masks & respirator couldn't breathe very well. The COPD effects were gradual but continued to worsen.

I too had central dust collection. Most of the problem was when sanding. Used a vac on orbital sanders but when block sanding or just using sanding sheets the dust was too much. Like you there was always dust in the air. Tried the paper masks & respirator couldn't breathe very well. The COPD effects were gradual but continued to worsen.
I still have a large china hutch that is about half done. It's covered in the garage.

Hi guys,

Wow, you folks are busy today! I just finished my workout. Now I'm going to pound down a couple cups of coffee, jump in the shower, then head to the range for some more practice AND to pick up my new VP9. Yes, it's already there waiting for me. Squeee! :ROFLMAO:

I was sort of planning some yard work today but it snowed again. I'm itching to use my new battery chain saw.

1712168737966.png

Maybe next week the weather will be more amenable. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back