testtest

What are you doing right now??

Just finished a couple hours of lopping and dragging tree limbs that were jeopardizing the telephone line. Lopping overhead, by hand, with an extension pole rig. I'll wager that my neck will need some TLC by morning! Oh well; getting on in years ain't for sissies.

Just sitting here working on my first cup of coffee, taking in the local news. There's a low layer of fog hanging just below the treeline and it's a clear, cool, still morning. Sun is just thinking about rising. I have to get the mister's coffee shortly, and then get ready to take him in to the VA to get his staples out.

Yesterday was the first day in about two weeks where my body hasn't tried to cough my lungs out. Life is good. :) I may even be able to make it to the range by Friday...or maybe Monday, since I have a decompression therapy appointment on Thursday. Ah, no matter. I'm crawling out of the rut, so it's good. Have a great day y'all. :cool:

Looking at Ring video of night parade of Coyote ,deer,turkey, all at out townhouse door. So many coyote kill sites in complex. Asked DNR if coyote could be shot if they seem ready to attack-one lady was bit on face by coyote jumping at her-but NOPE-no self defense. We have our dogs in Coyote/Hawk vest when out. Neighbor had dog on tie-out and bird tried to take it. Terrible wounds from talons. Has anyone self defended against in-town animal?

Attachments

• pink.jpg
    pink.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 26
Looking at Ring video of night parade of Coyote ,deer,turkey, all at out townhouse door. So many coyote kill sites in complex. Asked DNR if coyote could be shot if they seem ready to attack-one lady was bit on face by coyote jumping at her-but NOPE-no self defense. We have our dogs in Coyote/Hawk vest when out. Neighbor had dog on tie-out and bird tried to take it. Terrible wounds from talons. Has anyone self defended against in-town animal?
Where are you that there are limits on shooting coyotes?

Its a pink porcupine !!!🤣🤣😆😆

Yes, I beat the snot out of a coyote with a shovel when it tried to grab my neighbors small dog as she was walking it on our greenbelt.
I was working in the back yard and hear the commotion to look up and see a coyote charging her… I intercepted it and it took 2 shovel blows before it disengaged.
Used the tool at hand …

For we country dwellers, it definitely seems that coyotes get a bit more brazen each year. I've sent a few home, only because I felt I had no choice. When they habitually venture closer and closer to home and hearth, other solutions are removed. IMO.

They are invasive here. They can become a problem, but normally we never see them. We hear them a lot. They help control rodents but so do a lot of our other predators. I have watched them steal my neighbor's chickens, true to form. They will take your pets when hungry, and now and again one is killed near here that has rabies.

I am not proselytizing for banning coyote hunting. I don’t have to be involved in it though. You know, unless I have to. Tons of coyotes all around me. I have a photo somewhere around here of one standing in my driveway. In the 24 years I’ve lived here though they’ve never been a problem.

Back