testtest

What are you doing right now??

Hi,

I watched Blue Bloods then got back to my computer so that I could write up my latest range report. I won't be at the range tomorrow. Instead I'll be doing yard work since the weather is supposed to be nice. But I might go on Sunday after church. It's open until 4pm. I might clean a couple of guns before going horizontal. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

3:21am at the moment, got up to check my brisket on the pellet smoker. Good thing I set the alarm to check, it fouled and went out. Restarted, waiting for it to come back up to temp and continue. I'm blaming it on Biden voters....

Hi,

Yeah, my gigs here are a little different from the ones in Southern California. But I don't mind. No late nights, no drunks, no long drives, hauling less gear, lower volume, and just about the same $$$. My music business took a loss last year but that means no taxes. ;)

BassCliff
Sounds much nicer. What type of gigs are they ? It don’t sound like bar gigs. And what type of music ?

5:20 AM, just made my lunch and coffee. Headed out for 8 more hours of overtime doing meter changes. Tomorrow I’ll be doing the same except probably 10 or 12 hours and it’ll be double time. I’m kinda on the fence about it really. My check yesterday had 12 hours of double time and a pile of regular overtime. They took over a grand just in federal taxes. I hate giving those bastards all that money.

Who are you rooting for? I am a Max Verstappen fan.
Not Talyn, but I keep myself in misery by rooting for Hulkenberg, Magnussen, and Sargeant. It isn’t easy, but Logan is the only American driver and Haas is the closest to a US team. (I know, they claim to be a U.S. team.)

But that was a few hours ago. What am I doing now?
Nursing a migraine, and trying to figure out what to do with a new berm at the gun club that is collapsing after getting 4” of rain this week.

Hi,

5:20 AM, just made my lunch and coffee. Headed out for 8 more hours of overtime doing meter changes. Tomorrow I’ll be doing the same except probably 10 or 12 hours and it’ll be double time. I’m kinda on the fence about it really. My check yesterday had 12 hours of double time and a pile of regular overtime. They took over a grand just in federal taxes. I hate giving those bastards all that money.

You're a busy man. I hope you get some of that withholding back when you file next year. I withhold as little as possible. I'll pay my fair share, no problem. I just don't like giving the government an interest-free loan. ;)

Oh, what am I doing right now? Waiting for the coffee to drip before I begin my yard work today. Then maybe I'll fix the lamppost in the front yard. I hope everyone has a terrific weekend.

BassCliff

Well, I slept in (a rarely, so I must have needed it). So I'm sipping coffee and figuring out what to feed my face before I head in to Fargo to the range. It's gonna be very windy (red flag warnings everywhere) so I suspect the indoor range will be quite busy, but I don't care. I get into my own zone and mind my business. We'll see what transpires from there. Have a happy Saturday!

Whoa...I know what you mean. That's why I backed off the OT a bit. Sick to death of feeding the Fed machine, only to have to pay more at filing time. Have a good one and don't work too hard!

Hi Bob,

Sounds much nicer. What type of gigs are they ? It don’t sound like bar gigs. And what type of music ?

Definitely not bar gigs, although sometimes a little alcohol is served. ;)

I've been working with a duo playing lots of senior centers, senior/assisted living facilities, memory care centers, etc. It's a big market here and they all have budgets for entertainment.

1712415640862.png

The setup is minimal, my small PA (no monitors necessary), small amps, no extra lighting, small footprint.

1712414374211.png

We put on a one hour show for the residents, everything from Frank Sinatra (All Of Me/Fly Me To The Moon) to Jim Croce (Don't Mess Around With Jim/Bad Bad Leroy Brown), John Denver (Country Roads), Elvis (Blue Suede Shoes), Johnny Cash (Folsom Prison), Willie Nelson (On The Road Again), Neil Diamond (Sweet Caroline), Little Richard (Tutti Fruiti), Andy Williams (Moon River), and being in Wisconsin we'll do a polka or two. ;) The crowds are small but they enjoy singing along and laugh at my Dad jokes.

When I was a young lad I told my Mom, "When I grow up I want to be a musician."

She smiled at me and said, "Son, you can't do both." :LOL:

It's a very rewarding gig, bringing joy to all the folks who don't get out much. We never drive more than a half hour. Load-in/load-out is easy and all fits on my Rock-n-Roller cart.

1712415776872.png

Compare that to driving three hours, unloading a trailer full of gear, setting up this monster PA, and playing for a bunch of drunks for four hours.

1712415534829.png

The difference in pay between these two gigs was $40. I enjoy my "senior" gigs, especially now that I'm retired. These gigs are a little different from my previous life.

1712416445584.png

But I'm not complaining. I'm still making music, still making people happy, still making enough money to feed my pew-pew habit. :ROFLMAO:

And that's a little glimpse into my modest music career. Please pardon the off-topic. I could talk about myself for hours but I don't want to put you to sleep or depress you. So I'll press "ENTER" and end this madness.

BassCliff

Attachments

• 1712414227493.png
    1712414227493.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Hi,

Well, I slept in (a rarely, so I must have needed it). So I'm sipping coffee and figuring out what to feed my face before I head in to Fargo to the range. It's gonna be very windy (red flag warnings everywhere) so I suspect the indoor range will be quite busy, but I don't care. I get into my own zone and mind my business. We'll see what transpires from there. Have a happy Saturday!

Cool! Glad to see you getting out! I'm looking forward to your range report. Have a blast! ;)

BassCliff

Not Talyn, but I keep myself in misery by rooting for Hulkenberg, Magnussen, and Sargeant. It isn’t easy, but Logan is the only American driver and Haas is the closest to a US team. (I know, they claim to be a U.S. team.)

But that was a few hours ago. What am I doing now?
Nursing a migraine, and trying to figure out what to do with a new berm at the gun club that is collapsing after getting 4” of rain this week.
Wish Haas was doing better. Not real sure why but I've never cared for Hulkenberg. I had high hopes for Login Sergeant but will be surprised if he's around much longer. About to watch qualifying so don't tell me results. Sorry about your migraine.

Back