testtest

What are you doing right now??

Hi,

Up with a cup of coffee. Maggie food is ready. Woke up for the first time without hardly any pain so maybe those shots worked. Now the important part--how long will they last. Hopefully a few months so I can go thru the winter pain free. If weather is good I just might go to the range Sunday.

That is pretty great news! Glad to hear it and I hope it continues.

I was just thinking about celebrating Glocktober by purchasing some extended magazines for my G17L. They look rather festive, don't they @Annihilator? :LOL:

Screenshot_20261002_111019_Firefox.jpg


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Hi,



That is pretty great news! Glad to hear it and I hope it continues.

I was just thinking about celebrating Glocktober by purchasing some extended magazines for my G17L. They look rather festive, don't they @Annihilator? :LOL:

View attachment 119799

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
Those mags are pretty thin. i have a few of em. had two or three break. here's a couple in action.

 
Hi,

Those mags are pretty thin. i have a few of em. had two or three break. here's a couple in action.


Oh, sure, you get what you pay for. Extended pistol magazines are a range toy for me. For that price ($6.50), who cares if it breaks?

Thanks for the clip! I gotta get my FRT installed. Too much fun! :)


Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
 
Well I found out what was wrong with my 65 Creedmoor that used bcg ain't no good anyway it's humid sprinkling off and on I done walked at 300 yards across the street and 300 yards back about 10 times now I am a wore out old fart I still got to put all this mess up and put his gun back together
 
Having morning cup of coffee. Husky food out for her. Leg feeling pretty good so far, makes me happy to feel almost normal again. One more day dealing with the public and then a day off. Really need to wash my car- it's filthy.
yeah, in time, you will be waking up pain free for ever.

the miracles of meds and procedures to "cure" all that jazz.

last year, i was way too busy, and then when i had the time, the weather did not cooperate for me to get that protective coating of polish (actually ceramic) coating on both cars.......it killed me to not have the cars finish "prepped" for the winters weather.

got both cars done earlier this week.

gonna be "up to" 80 here today, with humidity.
 
the wife just took our nearly 2 year old poinsettia, and placed it into a tiny closet.

this will be the first time, since we got it in Nov of 24, that we are going to try and see if it will make the change from green leaves to red, and then bloom the flowers.

she read it with me, that more then 12 hours of darkness, in this case 3 pm until about 8 or 9 am, is ok to do, to start and keep the leaf color change maintained for at least up to 10 weeks.

here is the time stamped pic, of the beginning

View attachment 117520


more pics to follow, of hopefully a successful transformation, in the coming weeks.

a follow up to the above


this morning, the Mrs took out of the darkness, the 2 year old poinsettia plant, and was smiling from ear to ear..

it now has a few small red leafs


so the darkness, and light cycle certainly does seem to work..


here is an updated picture







1791032201600.png
 
So I just had a learning experience. I was out back with the 4 legged flea bags futzing around. The better half left for her hair appointment. The better half refuses to lock the front door when she leaves the shack. No matter how much I female dog & complain about locking the front door, she simply cannot seem to grasp the concept.

**Side note for those that don't know - I was the victim of a rather brutal home invasion robbery decades ago. So I'm probably a tad more cautious than most.

I later came inside and was in the kitchen washing some stuff when something upstairs banged. Not loud. Kinda like someone trying to quietly close a door but wasn't as quiet as intended. The mutts immediately alerted and started barking so I know I didn't imagine the noise. I looked over at the front door and saw that it was unlocked.

:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop:!!! I was sure a tweaker got in while I was in the back yard and was now upstairs exploring.

Lesson 1 - Although I am armed (trusty Model 457 is ALWAYS on my side), I realized all of my protective efforts were implemented and constructed with the assumption I'd be upstairs if someone ever came in. All of the 3/8" plate steel I had installed to build my safety perch instantly became an obstacle for me. Again 💩!

Lesson 2 - My mutts are absolutely useless. In fact, they are an obstruction. I kept trying to quiet them so I could carefully listen to the floor above to try to figure out where my intruder is. But both of those idiots had their guard hairs up and wouldn't stop barking. When I started up the stairs to clear the shack, those idiots followed me rather than take the lead!

Lesson 3 - I though about all of the loaded firearms upstairs the intruder now has access to. An imminent shoot out in the making.

I cleared the shack and thankfully nobody was inside. I still don't know what made the noise. But I realized I need to plan for situations outside of what I've already prepared for.
 
Back
Top