testtest

What do YOU drive?

Guns&aweiner

Operator
Hey everyone,

You may have seen me around here the last few days. I'm just looking to learn more and discuss about the same reason we are all here, firearms....BUT if this forum has a specific place where we can post just about anything I figured I would take advantage of it. If this is out of topic and now allowed, go ahead and delete it.

I do have another "hobby" besides guns. And that hobby is cars. I've been pretty obsessed with them my whole life, even when I was young, even before I started getting into firearms. I guess you could call it my first love. Anyways, I would love to discuss what you have and see pictures if possible! Open to discussing any type of vehicle, what brought you to that vehicle, what you love about it, etc. Again, if this is off topic or not allowed, feel free to delete it. Or if you think this thread is super lame.....well then I guess it will die out quickly and I will just have to take a hint.

I will start. First off is our Honda CRV Hybrid. Not super exciting, but AWD, gets 40 MPG, super comfortable to drive the wife and dogs around town. I actually really enjoy it, one of the smoothest cars I have ever driven. Next is my pride and joy. A Toyota Supra. I can get into all the in's and outs of the engine and what it can do, but I am sure most wont care about all that. Favorite car I have ever owned, and it's not even close!

Feel free to post up your own pride and joy! Fancy or not! New or old!

Attachments

• image1 (5).jpeg
    image1 (5).jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 116
  • image0 (7).jpeg
    image0 (7).jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 118
Hey everyone,

You may have seen me around here the last few days. I'm just looking to learn more and discuss about the same reason we are all here, firearms....BUT if this forum has a specific place where we can post just about anything I figured I would take advantage of it. If this is out of topic and now allowed, go ahead and delete it.

I do have another "hobby" besides guns. And that hobby is cars. I've been pretty obsessed with them my whole life, even when I was young, even before I started getting into firearms. I guess you could call it my first love. Anyways, I would love to discuss what you have and see pictures if possible! Open to discussing any type of vehicle, what brought you to that vehicle, what you love about it, etc. Again, if this is off topic or not allowed, feel free to delete it. Or if you think this thread is super lame.....well then I guess it will die out quickly and I will just have to take a hint.

I will start. First off is our Honda CRV Hybrid. Not super exciting, but AWD, gets 40 MPG, super comfortable to drive the wife and dogs around town. I actually really enjoy it, one of the smoothest cars I have ever driven. Next is my pride and joy. A Toyota Supra. I can get into all the in's and outs of the engine and what it can do, but I am sure most wont care about all that. Favorite car I have ever owned, and it's not even close!

Feel free to post up your own pride and joy! Fancy or not! New or old!
CRV looks new..........40 mpg? How does it do that?

This thread if fine to post here on this forum (for gosh sake there’s even a thread on chickens 🐔 🙄 somewhere around here, so don’t get me started on that! 😆).
I drive/own a Tacoma 4 door pickup, and a Twin Turbo T-Top 300ZX.

View attachment 18351
Sorry, couldnt resist, seriously we just drive a Jeep right now, looking at a Dodge Charger AWD, dealer only has the V6 right now, want the 5.7 hemi though.

Lmao. My father in law just bought a v6 challenger. It's pretty sweet. Its a shame dodge is doing away with their SRT team and supposedly getting rid of that format. Luckily for that team its my understanding they were just folded into another division of Dodge. Shame to see the V8's go.

CRV looks new..........40 mpg? How does it do that?

No ideer. Probably just cause its a hybrid and it has hamsters in the front instead of an engine. 40 around the city and 35 on the highway. My latest trip computer says I am at about 40.5 mpg while using just over a half a tank. Half of that was all highway though, so I think the figures are even a bit better than what Honda estimates once its broken in.

This thread if fine to post here on this forum (for gosh sake there’s even a thread on chickens 🐔 🙄 somewhere around here, so don’t get me started on that! 😆).
I drive/own a Tacoma 4 door pickup, and a Twin Turbo T-Top 300ZX.

What year is the Tacoma? I drove a 2018 before I went for the Supra.

And also.....excuse me sir but I am going to need to see some pics of that 300ZX. You guy's are leaving me hanging here! lol. I feel like nerd at the sleepover.

Now it is an older ford Ranger 4x4. I have had several Ford Mustangs .... 1969 , 1970 and 1971 and a 1979. Had several Ford F - 150 and F - 250s through the years. Built a 428 cobra jet and installed it in a 1978 F - 250 . That was a fun ride . I also built a 1973 Mercury Comet GT that ran pretty decently. Funny thing is , when I got rid of that car the cops stopped wanting to talk to me . :unsure:

edit to add : if I knew how to post pics I would.

Now it is an older ford Ranger 4x4. I have had several Ford Mustangs .... 1969 , 1970 and 1971 and a 1979. Had several Ford F - 150 and F - 250s through the years. Built a 428 cobra jet and installed it in a 1978 F - 250 . That was a fun ride . I also built a 1973 Mercury Comet GT that ran pretty decently. Funny thing is , when I got rid of that car the cops stopped wanting to talk to me . :unsure:

edit to add : if I knew how to post pics I would.

Man thinking about all those mustangs is making me hot and bothered. When I was getting my Supra earlier this year, I was torn between that and the new mustang Mach 1. (Not that mach E electric "mustang") Ultimately I went for the Toyota since they were actually willing to deal on it. The Mach 1's were all marked up way over MSRP.

What year is the Tacoma? I drove a 2018 before I went for the Supra.

And also.....excuse me sir but I am going to need to see some pics of that 300ZX. You guy's are leaving me hanging here! lol. I feel like nerd at the sleepover.
The Tacoma is a 2009 (I retired in 2010, so there isn't many miles on it), that I bought off of "CarsDirect.com". After some back and forth and insisting on the $2K rebate (according to sales guy, only available for 2008 models), they found a dealer in Philly Pa., with everything I wanted (and the right price after I backed out several times due to him increasing the cost). The dealer actually finally bypassed the sales guy and gave me every thing I wanted. They even drove it to me (about 100 miles), free of charge.
The 300ZX is a 91 and only has a bit over 90K miles on it. I try not to drive it that much, but it's currently in the garage. I'll have to get it out on the driveway to take good pics. I'll try to remember to do that if I'm not on a gun run adding to my collection ;).

The Tacoma is a 2009 (I retired in 2010, so there isn't many miles on it), that I bought off of "CarsDirect.com". After some back and forth and insisting on the $2K rebate (according to sales guy, only available for 2008 models), they found a dealer in Philly Pa., with everything I wanted (and the right price after I backed out several times due to him increasing the cost). The dealer actually finally bypassed the sales guy and gave me every thing I wanted. They even drove it to me (about 100 miles), free of charge.
The 300ZX is a 91 and only has a bit over 90K miles on it. I try not to drive it that much, but it's currently in the garage. I'll have to get it out on the driveway to take good pics. I'll try to remember to do that if I'm not on a gun run adding to my collection ;).

Better yet, take it on the gun run! Then post pictures of the nissan....AND your new toys. Make us drool over two things. (or three things or four things depending on how many you buy) 😁

Back