testtest

What do YOU drive?

yeah it’s insane. I couldnt imagine spending 100k on one. Hopefully that new Ford will make a new market. I forget what it’s called but it starts at around 20k. Will probably be gutless and won’t tow for ****, but at least you can haul some stuff in the back.
Knowing that the new Maverick will be built at the Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico, I suggest avoiding it.

I have owned over 60 vehicles, the early ones were GTO's (68 to 71), then I had Supra, 280Z's, Integra, I even had a new Crown Vic PI. Today I drive two different old Toyota Tundra pick up trucks, both are considered Unicorns. The 2002 is a 4X4 V8 Regular cab Long Bed that has been my work truck since 2003. The second is a 4X2 5.7L Regular cab Short bed, it's more of a street performance sport truck. The '02 has about 150k, and the '07 is about to hit 300k.

View attachment 18636
Looks so clean!!

F20E3151-7E16-49FC-A775-71B43F485C7B.jpeg

Negan waiting for me to finish talking to a customer so he can go play.

12484CC5-884D-438F-9CC4-344D522D6C53.jpeg

This is my son, not myself, but I'm very proud of him. We just got him his first vehicle, he's 16. I remember back when I was his age, we all wanted Mustangs, Camaros, or big trucks, but his generation is different. I asked him about how many people in his class have vehicles. This was last year, his junior year of high school. He said he could only think of three people who had vehicles as juniors......I was kind of surprised about that. EVERYONE wanted a vehicle when I was a junior. I was fortunate to find a job that paid cash when I was 15 years old just up the street from my house and just about every dime I earned went toward my "car fund". My folks did not have any money to spare so it was on me to get a car, which I did. Fast forward thirty years......my son said most kids in his class don't even talk much about having a car, they're happy getting rides to and from school or still riding the bus. It seems like such a strange shift in priorities to me for high school aged kids of this generation. Anywho, my son has helped out as much as he could, and we've been shopping around for a couple of months now to try and find him something affordable. He went to the grocery store with me the other day and we drove past a house. My son, Daniel, started looking at something on the side of the road, then asked me if we could go back and look at a car he'd just saw. I didn't even see what it was but I turned around and pulled into the driveway of the house where the car was. Turns out it's a red 2006 Chevy Aveo........it's almost like a clown car, and my son just falls in love with the damn thing on first sight. My son is 6'2, he's usually very reserved, but he's fawning over his car that I would literally never given a second glance. The guy comes out of his house, says it belonged to his daughter who just left for college in Kansas, and they had bought her a newer SUV but she'd driven it thru high school and took good care of it. He wanted $2500. We took it for a drive, it needs a few things but overall it seemed solid but....small. The driver and passenger actually have decent leg room but the back seats are not exactly blooming with leg room. I'm sittin in the passenger seat watching my 16 year old son talk about this car like he's test driving a Lamborghini. Now over the last last two months, we've test driven probably five cars and each one of them he's been like "blah" on each one of them, three cars and two trucks, but here we are in this compact Chevy and for reasons I'll never understand, he's just loving driving it. We got back, the guy selling the car was really nice. He asked us if we were looking for my son's first car. I told him we were and what would he take in cash for the Aveo. He said he was going to try to get $2500 but he'd take $2000 if we wanted it. It was very obvious my son wanted the car, so I went home and got the cash I'd been saving up to buy him a vehicle and we purchased the car outright. It's been a long time since I've seen my son so thrilled about something so it was definitely worth it. This kid has been making straight A's since he started Kindergarten, he's never given me a bit of trouble, he's kind-hearted and very respectful of his elders. It was good to see him so excited about getting his first car, so here he is...lol

View attachment 18506

Myself? I drive my very dependable 2012 Toyota Camry LE. It just passed 90k miles and it's been uber reliable since I purchased it.
(y)(y)

Looks so clean!!
Thank you!

It took a lot of elbow grease to polish up the chalky oxidized white paint, and cleaning the red clay dust & coffee stains from the interior was no easy task. It still had the original shocks when I bought it, but the rear suspension is all new now.

It does look pretty good when you are 10 feet away, but it has plenty of nicks & scratches in the paint. It has spent it's entire life exposed to the elements, but I hope to have a carport to park it under in a year or so.

Attachments

• IMG_0894.JPG
    IMG_0894.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0896 (2).JPG
    IMG_0896 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_7252.JPG
    IMG_7252.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7702 (4).JPG
    IMG_7702 (4).JPG
    596.3 KB · Views: 123
Me? Schwinn Trike w/homebuilt electric drive. Gets me where I want to go and drives the cops nuts since it doesn't need a license plate. When I go to the range, its a 1967.5 Mustang California Special convertible, classic Ford forest green, and better than showroom condition. Nice car for when it rains too, which don't happen all that much in California.

I'm new here, so this is my first post, but I'm a car junkie, so I couldn't help myself.

My daily driver: 2017 Denali HD

20210612_152242.jpg

Toy: '69 CST/10. Bought it my freshman year. It was **** green but had the numbers-matching 396 BBC and it RAN. Painted it my sophomore year (2004). My dad and I have been restoring it piece by piece ever since. All 3 of my younger brothers drove it to school, too.

Screenshot_20210702-115649_Instagram.jpg

I'm new here, so this is my first post, but I'm a car junkie, so I couldn't help myself.

View attachment 18728

Toy: '69 CST/10. Bought it my freshman year. It was **** green but had the numbers-matching 396 BBC and it RAN. Painted it my sophomore year (2004). My dad and I have been restoring it piece by piece ever since. All 3 of my younger brothers drove it to school, too.

View attachment 18729
Very nice rides! Nice job on the Chevy! ....And welcome to the forum!
"I'm new here, so this is my first post, but I'm a car junkie, so I couldn't help myself."
- Shame on you. :)

View attachment 18728

View attachment 18729
Welcome !
Nice trucks .. for Chevys 😉😆

View attachment 18728

View attachment 18729
Beautiful!!!

Back