testtest

What Happened to the .357 Sig

Well first of all the .357 Sig is a great round but expensive and difficult to reload. You also can just buy a .357 barrel for your .40 Sig and still use the same mags and you now have a .357 Sig handgun no gun smithing needed.

Is it true that only Glock is chambering a few guns for the .357 Sig?

Is it true that Sig Sauer no longer chambers any handguns for the .357 Sig?

Ah, the .357 Sig, the pistol and caliber of the US Air Marshals until they switched to the Glock 9mm. I’ve always loved that caliber. Fast and accurate, although expensive. Sig still produces the .357 Sig though- E26R-357-LEGION, 229R-357-BSS, those are the SKU numbers on the 2 models they offer.
d8604c1e0f1d09b9381e3534e6da3551.jpg

0b57562814f66f7d49cc7f905e130c43.jpg

I would certainly shoot more of it, if it was more readily available and not so damn expensive. I suppose if it was more readily available it would be less expensive :)
Sig P229 and P239 in .40 with the additional .357 Sig barrels.

I got the Sig P320 Nitron chambered in 357 Sig. In fact I have all the calibers (and several grip modules & Xchange kits), of the Sig P320 Nitron 9mm, 40, 357, & 45. I bought them when they first came out (and each went through their Voluntarily Update Program (VUP)). I am unaware if the 357 Sig, or any other Nitron chambering has been discontinued. I see the 9mm Nitron on their website, but not the others (although I didn't look very long either).

I got the Sig P320 Nitron chambered in 357 Sig. In fact I have all the calibers (and several grip modules & Xchange kits), of the Sig P320 Nitron 9mm, 40, 357, & 45. I bought them when they first came out (and each went through their Voluntarily Update Program (VUP)). I am unaware if the 357 Sig, or any other Nitron chambering has been discontinued. I see the 9mm Nitron on their website, but not the others (although I didn't look very long either).
I have a P320C in 9mm. Disapointed with Sig because of the lack of conversion kits. The MA compliant one has the external safety. I have never seen a conversion kit with a cutout. Yes, I know you can cut one out but I would really like to buy something and have it work before you had to screw around with it. I would buy sub compact variants, as well as different calibers. Most definitely in .357 Sig.

I have a P320C in 9mm. Disapointed with Sig because of the lack of conversion kits. The MA compliant one has the external safety. I have never seen a conversion kit with a cutout. Yes, I know you can cut one out but I would really like to buy something and have it work before you had to screw around with it. I would buy sub compact variants, as well as different calibers. Most definitely in .357 Sig.
Boy Jmcd, I'm surprised Sig doesn't offer Grip modules with safety cutouts for those States that require Safeties. That really sucks.

Boy Jmcd, I'm surprised Sig doesn't offer Grip modules with safety cutouts for those States that require Safeties. That really sucks.
I called them on it and they said they were making them. That was 2 years ago. I have called them a few other times and have been given the same answer. Finally seeing grip mods with cutouts for the carry sizes not the compact. Conversion kits have long been sold out but never had them with a cutout. Disappointed at best.

Ah, the .357 Sig, the pistol and caliber of the US Air Marshals until they switched to the Glock 9mm. I’ve always loved that caliber. Fast and accurate, although expensive. Sig still produces the .357 Sig though- E26R-357-LEGION, 229R-357-BSS, those are the SKU numbers on the 2 models they offer.
d8604c1e0f1d09b9381e3534e6da3551.jpg

0b57562814f66f7d49cc7f905e130c43.jpg
It was a very popular cartridge for a while. But as so often happens in the firearms industry, demand -for any reason- fades. Short magnums were all the rage among many big game hunters for decade or so. Few remain. I think that if the .45 Super were factory produced, it could be the end of the 10MM.

Some cartridges will never fade: 22 LR, .38 Special, .357 Mag, 9MM, .45 ACP, and others I've forgotten. My initial reaction to the .40 S&W was it wasn't going to last. It might be one of the cartridges that'll never fade.

Among hunters, the '06, .270 Win, .243 Win, .308 Win and more will never fade while too many have come and gone.

Back