testtest

What have you bought firearms related in the last 48 hours?

Well the Benchmade Anonimous came. It's a fantastic knife. Sharper than hell, very well balanced and the blade thickness is perfect. I'm not sure why people were complaining about the sheath. I think it's great. Perfect retention. I'm no " Bushcrafter" and that was not my intent for this knife, but it is a nice, versatile blade that will work camping, around the homestead, tactically if necessary and will be great for food prep.

i8d5yF2.jpg

jQMhFsr.jpg

zOQhNKX.jpg

IdNC2Ne.jpg

fprOpn7.jpg

ZGZpRuL.jpg
Perfect size for skinning a deer. or gutting one.

Perfect size for skinning a deer. or gutting one.

I've seen a few reviews where guys are complaining that the blade not being thicker makes it a less than ideal bush knife and that may be true, I don't know, I'm not a Bushwacker or whatever those internet fellas call themselves. I can tell you the blade is thick enough for anything I would do with a knife and thin enough to be a good skinner while also being versatile enough for other tasks. In the few days I've had this knife I have used it. More so than I typically use high end knives. I mean typically I don't use my Microtech or any of my benchmades for the type of things that are more likely to cause distress to the edge. I stick to the usual, pedestrian tasks. Cutting open boxes or food or stripping a wire or whatever. Probably because I am a little bit afraid to do much in the way of sharpening them. Intimidated, not afraid I guess. Anyway, at this point I have about 7 or 8 of these expensive knives and I'm like, " F it, I'm going to use them like knives are supposed to be used". So I have been using this one quite a lot in the short amount of time I have had it. And it is still shave you sharp. I did take the heat gun to the sheath to get the retention where I like it, other than that I have zero complaints. In fact It's become my favorite knife, even over more expensive knives with "Better" steel.

I used it to cut one of those thick old 2.5" ratchet straps off a truck I was hauling the other day and it went through it like it was a piece of paper. Seatbelts won't stand a chance. No "Sawing" necessary on any of the tasks I have used it for. No pressure, quick slicing, razor like action. And no noticeable change to the sharpness of the blade. The knife is very well balanced and has the perfect wieghty feel to it in my hand. The hand stop and gimping are perfectly placed and comfortable. I bought some ferro rods, but they are too big to fit in the ferro sleeve on the sheath, so I have some other ones that will fit coming today along with 100' of that "Survival" paracord that has 7 strands, including a fishing line and a waxed jute fire starting strand. I'll weave it through the eyelets on the sheath, put a ferro rod in the sleeve and carry it like that. You never know when Bob could find himself in the middle of something where he needs to start a fire and cut the hell out of something. :cool:

Nevertheless, I still carry a $20 S&W at work. It makes a fine screwdriver/prybar/wire stripping box cutter. And it sharpens easily. And when I lose it or destroy it, which I will, I won't cry about it.

I've seen a few reviews where guys are complaining that the blade not being thicker makes it a less than ideal bush knife and that may be true, I don't know, I'm not a Bushwacker or whatever those internet fellas call themselves. I can tell you the blade is thick enough for anything I would do with a knife and thin enough to be a good skinner while also being versatile enough for other tasks. In the few days I've had this knife I have used it. More so than I typically use high end knives. I mean typically I don't use my Microtech or any of my benchmades for the type of things that are more likely to cause distress to the edge. I stick to the usual, pedestrian tasks. Cutting open boxes or food or stripping a wire or whatever. Probably because I am a little bit afraid to do much in the way of sharpening them. Intimidated, not afraid I guess. Anyway, at this point I have about 7 or 8 of these expensive knives and I'm like, " F it, I'm going to use them like knives are supposed to be used". So I have been using this one quite a lot in the short amount of time I have had it. And it is still shave you sharp. I did take the heat gun to the sheath to get the retention where I like it, other than that I have zero complaints. In fact It's become my favorite knife, even over more expensive knives with "Better" steel.

I used it to cut one of those thick old 2.5" ratchet straps off a truck I was hauling the other day and it went through it like it was a piece of paper. Seatbelts won't stand a chance. No "Sawing" necessary on any of the tasks I have used it for. No pressure, quick slicing, razor like action. And no noticeable change to the sharpness of the blade. The knife is very well balanced and has the perfect wieghty feel to it in my hand. The hand stop and gimping are perfectly placed and comfortable. I bought some ferro rods, but they are too big to fit in the ferro sleeve on the sheath, so I have some other ones that will fit coming today along with 100' of that "Survival" paracord that has 7 strands, including a fishing line and a waxed jute fire starting strand. I'll weave it through the eyelets on the sheath, put a ferro rod in the sleeve and carry it like that. You never know when Bob could find himself in the middle of something where he needs to start a fire and cut the hell out of something. :cool:

Nevertheless, I still carry a $20 S&W at work. It makes a fine screwdriver/prybar/wire stripping box cutter. And it sharpens easily. And when I lose it or destroy it, which I will, I won't cry about it.
I have 2 of the S&w for the exact same reason

Hi,

You gonna carry a full size VP9 appendix ?

That's the plan. It's basically the same size as my XD9. I'll get in some dry fire and live fire training reps before I go live with it. Lack of a grip safety or thumb safety (I carry my 1911 occasionally, IWB) is something to keep in mind. But some folks carry their Glocks IWB. :oops:

Thanks for sharing you new knife. Seems very handy.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Yesterday I ordered a new flashlight from Powertac...a Warrior LT (Long Throw) 3050 Lumen Tactical Flashlight. This one is the third from Powertac. I have a small Cadet for EDC, a Tradesman for beside my bed, and now this one for in my truck. I have to commute in the dark every morning, and more than once something has happened where I have required light and visibility. I carry a hi viz vest so I don't get killed walking around my vehicle, and it will be nice to have a powerful light to see through the high grass, etc. I got a good deal on the price, otherwise I wouldn't have spent that kind of money on a flashlight.

And....this morning I bought a case of AAC 5.56 55gr from PSA. Got a pretty good deal on that also. I figured I had better have lots of ammo for practice this spring.

Yesterday I ordered a new flashlight from Powertac...a Warrior LT (Long Throw) 3050 Lumen Tactical Flashlight. This one is the third from Powertac. I have a small Cadet for EDC, a Tradesman for beside my bed, and now this one for in my truck. I have to commute in the dark every morning, and more than once something has happened where I have required light and visibility. I carry a hi viz vest so I don't get killed walking around my vehicle, and it will be nice to have a powerful light to see through the high grass, etc. I got a good deal on the price, otherwise I wouldn't have spent that kind of money on a flashlight.

And....this morning I bought a case of AAC 5.56 55gr from PSA. Got a pretty good deal on that also. I figured I had better have lots of ammo for practice this spring.
3050 Lumen .. dang.. you’ll be able to see back into Canada 😉🤣

Hi,

That's the plan. It's basically the same size as my XD9. I'll get in some dry fire and live fire training reps before I go live with it. Lack of a grip safety or thumb safety (I carry my 1911 occasionally, IWB) is something to keep in mind. But some folks carry their Glocks IWB. :oops:

Thanks for sharing you new knife. Seems very handy.

BassCliff

I've appendix carried my VP9 in a similar holster to the one you posted ( Muddy River Tactical) It's not terribly uncomfortable and it conceals well. More often though I have the VP9SK or more recently the Masada S down my pants. I ordered the VP9 holster that way I can use it for both the full size and the SK. I will say the Masada is more comfortable as it's thinner.

I asked because that type of holster is pretty uncomfortable anywhere other than appendix. For strong side carry I prefer Crossbreed Mini Tucks.

Hi,

I've appendix carried my VP9 in a similar holster to the one you posted ( Muddy River Tactical) It's not terribly uncomfortable and it conceals well. More often though I have the VP9SK or more recently the Masada S down my pants. I ordered the VP9 holster that way I can use it for both the full size and the SK. I will say the Masada is more comfortable as it's thinner.

I asked because that type of holster is pretty uncomfortable anywhere other than appendix. For strong side carry I prefer Crossbreed Mini Tucks.

I normally get IWB and OWB (at ~3 o'clock) holsters for everything I carry, and train with both. I don't carry OWB except at the range when training. I have a pretty good Raw Dog Tactical leather IWB that works well with the VP9. It really is comfortable. I just don't like the fact that it doesn't stay open. I have a few "Rounded" by Concealment Express kydex holsters for my other pistols. They work well for me.

In the meantime, I've received 750 rounds of .45ACP, 500 loose in the can and 250 in boxes.

1713727932184.png

I need to find space for that shipment in the closet behind. I think I can squeeze it in.

1713728007614.jpeg

That's just the floor and the upper shelves. You didn't want to see all my cowboy shirts. ;)

Wow, all those boxes, ammo cans, and pistol cases are full of ammo, not the range bags. The milk crate has empty boxes that I'll transfer the loose rounds into. I'll order more on the 1st. I'll just have to figure out where to put it, besides downrange. :D(y)

BassCliff

Hi,

I normally get IWB and OWB (at ~3 o'clock) holsters for everything I carry, and train with both. I don't carry OWB except at the range when training. I have a pretty good Raw Dog Tactical leather IWB that works well with the VP9. It really is comfortable. I just don't like the fact that it doesn't stay open. I have a few "Rounded" by Concealment Express kydex holsters for my other pistols. They work well for me.

In the meantime, I've received 750 rounds of .45ACP, 500 loose in the can and 250 in boxes.

View attachment 56356

I need to find space for that shipment in the closet behind. I think I can squeeze it in.

View attachment 56357

That's just the floor and the upper shelves. You didn't want to see all my cowboy shirts. ;)

Wow, all those boxes, ammo cans, and pistol cases are full of ammo, not the range bags. The milk crate has empty boxes that I'll transfer the loose rounds into. I'll order more on the 1st. I'll just have to figure out where to put it, besides downrange. :D(y)

BassCliff
You're gettin there brother. You got a ways to go to catch some of us old timers. Matter of fact my case of American Eagle hasn't even shipped yet and I just bought a case of Sellior and Belliot in case I don't like the American Eagle. Least that's what I told the wife. I won't take pictures of that stuff, but it might startle some folks. lol

Hi,

You're gettin there brother. You got a ways to go to catch some of us old timers. Matter of fact my case of American Eagle hasn't even shipped yet and I just bought a case of Sellior and Belliot in case I don't like the American Eagle. Least that's what I told the wife. I won't take pictures of that stuff, but it might startle some folks. lol

I got off to a bad start. Three years ago, a different place and a different time, I was ecstatic when I could buy three boxes in the same week. ;) I certainly enjoy being able to have a case or two delivered right to my door. I've been trying to stock up just in case the election goes south.

BassCliff

Hi,

I got off to a bad start. Three years ago, a different place and a different time, I was ecstatic when I could buy three boxes in the same week. ;) I certainly enjoy being able to have a case or two delivered right to my door. I've been trying to stock up just in case the election goes south.

BassCliff
Stock up for the next plandemic or "Ammo shortage" for sure.

Back