testtest

What have you bought firearms related in the last 48 hours?

Spendy but 17% off right now.


And just ordered mine.....
 
Do you have any of the Hunnicutt books in you library?

The Sherman and Pershing books are first rate.

@USMC6094

Yes I have both, plus...
  1. Abrams
  2. Patton
  3. Sheridan
  4. Bradley, and
  5. Stuart.
This just arrived today from the UK. Just leafing thru it it's very good.

1791596404180.png
1791596594168.png



And I have an excellent book on Israeli Shermans, plus a couple other less-detailed/technical Sherman books.
 
Last edited:
@USMC6094

Yes I have both, plus...
  1. Abrams
  2. Patton
  3. Sheridan
  4. Bradley, and
  5. Stuart.
And I have an excellent book on Israeli Shermans, plus a couple other less-detailed/technical Sherman books.
While in 1/68 Armor 8th Infantry Baumholder, Germany our division had a restored M4 Sherman they actually drove in parades and other ceremonies. It looked so small compared to our M-60/A1's with that short stubby 75mm barrel. Wish I had the opportunity get a closer look maybe even getting inside.
 
While in 1/68 Armor 8th Infantry Baumholder, Germany our division had a restored M4 Sherman they actually drove in parades and other ceremonies. It looked so small compared to our M-60/A1's with that short stubby 75mm barrel. Wish I had the opportunity get a closer look maybe even getting inside.

If you think the Sherman's are small you should get a close-up look at a Stuart light tank. I think they had to select the smallest guys they could find to man them.

You can find an excellent collection of all types thru the ages here. An outstanding place.


1791597453849.png


1791597739434.png


They also have two very large outside pavilions with more stuff lined up.

1791597554567.png



The guy has spent $100 million on the place so far.
 
Last edited:
If you think the Sherman's are small you should get a close-up look at a Stuart light tank. I think they had to select the smallest guys they could find to man them.

You can find an excellent collection of all types thru the ages here. An outstanding place.

acfic
Have seen many documentaries showing the Jeb Stuart in Europe and Pacific theaters. Don't know a lot about them but the gunner and loader positions had to be pretty cramped even with light 37mm main gun.
 
Have seen many documentaries showing the Jeb Stuart in Europe and Pacific theaters. Don't know a lot about them but the gunner and loader positions had to be pretty cramped even with light 37mm main gun.

The Museum had 2-3 parked outside and a couple inside in the dioramas. The ones outside you can get right up to them & it was an eye-opener on how tight things were tfor the crew of 4. They were rubbing elbows & kicking the guys in front all the time I bet.

I went there last fall before the snow hit.
 
@USMC6094

Yes I have both, plus...
  1. Abrams
  2. Patton
  3. Sheridan
  4. Bradley, and
  5. Stuart.
This just arrived today from the UK. Just leafing thru it it's very good.

View attachment 120275View attachment 120276


And I have an excellent book on Israeli Shermans, plus a couple other less-detailed/technical Sherman books.


Just ordered that one too, lol

This has been most reference books I've ordered since I took a VERY long hiatus from plastic modeling.

But Sherman material is still very, VERY worth having.
 

1791599482752.png


Also at David Doyle books

1791599429960.png


Two good online sites for info.



and


This book source is also good, except if you live in CO.

 
This was my last BIG plastic model project.

The chassis is an an M4A3E8 (HVVS suspension), with a Super Pershing turret.

Bear in mind a Pershing turret was fitted to a M4A3 (VVSP), I guess to prove compatability, but it never progressed any further.

Here's my "what if"

10407155_10203574480035547_4306977963471074553_n.jpg
10449504_10203574482875618_1546526532629579900_n.jpg
10443431_10203574481635587_1826622389803523698_n.jpg
10464181_10203574483395631_6319865313915313837_n.jpg
10478156_10203574478315504_7119487418675089615_n.jpg


Gave it to a buddy of mine that I turned on to firearms.

By parts count alone, there's 1,500+ parts in these pictures.
 
This was my last BIG plastic model project.

The chassis is an an M4A3E8 (HVVS suspension), with a Super Pershing turret.

Bear in mind a Pershing turret was fitted to a M4A3 (VVSP), I guess to prove compatability, but it never progressed any further.

Here's my "what if"

View attachment 120284View attachment 120285View attachment 120286View attachment 120287View attachment 120288

Gave it to a buddy of mine that I turned on to firearms.

By parts count alone, there's 1,500+ parts in these pictures.

Yes I've seen that in one of the books.

Good job!
 

View attachment 120283

Also at David Doyle books

View attachment 120282

Two good online sites for info.



and


This book source is also good, except if you live in CO.


Yep, those are going to be added soon, but my bank account needs to rest after all this work tonight LOL
 
The Museum had 2-3 parked outside and a couple inside in the dioramas. The ones outside you can get right up to them & it was an eye-opener on how tight things were tfor the crew of 4. They were rubbing elbows & kicking the guys in front all the time I bet.

I went there last fall before the snow hit.
Would really like to see the museum but afraid it's not in the cards. Guess some of those tanks and other vehicles actually saw combat in WW2. Know when I saw that Sherman in Germany thought to myself GI's facing German Armor, anti-tank guns and various hand held weapons had to be a super scary endeavor.
 
Even though I don't do any plastic modeling anymore, good reference material, on whatever subject is always welcome to the collection.
I built plastic aircraft models for about 15 yrs. About 300. Mostly 1/72 or 1/48 scale. Couple got put into aircraft museums for display of type.
Had all the dremels, airbrushes, resins, molds, heat guns, .. prob 100 bottles of Testors paint.. long long, ago. Maybe in retirement I may take it up again
 
Back
Top