testtest

What influenced you to purchase your first Springfield product?

For me, had a coworker. He was part of the governor's 20 in Indiana. He had a personal M1A . We shot side by side, me behind a Savage 110FP. He would consistently match my groups, and we were reaching quite aways. It was at that time, I felt that they produced quality. Cuz, this was an off the shelf, stock weapon. My Savage was bedded and scoped.
Years later, while still lusting after an M1A NM , I found a saint edge pistol on the shelf, had to have it. And so it began.

Had an XD9 , just couldn't warm up to. Too much of a Sig fan

When I got into the "poly" pistols in the early 90's the G19 was the first one of those I picked up. Before other manufacturers got into that business Glock was the only one to provide models in the 45 & 10mm with the larger capacity magazines. But I found that with the larger models the "Glock grip" was not optimum for me, but I did get those models.

Then when SA adopted & renamed the HS2000 (HS Produkt) pistol design I found out the XD/XDM line fit me much better than the Glocks. I've repurposed my old Glocks, and replaced them in front-line use with various XD/XDm models.

My .02

I have purchased several guns over the years, but none compared to our local resident @BET7 or several others. I was looking for a 10mm, but came up short and ended up with a 40s&w (not "Get Smart" missed it by that much). I wasn't looking for a conceal type, but the SA xdm just looked right. With that purchase it brought me to buy the 10mm in the same config. Both guns run very reliable and my 40xdm will be missed. My oldest has dibs on it. I need to replace a transmission in a p/u, but keep buying guns and @Mike H. doesn't help! I might need to put him on the "ignore" list?

The first time I saw a picture of a Ronin I had to have one. Mrs. Tinyman and I had looked all over the Birmingham area with zero finds. We decided to do a road trip up-state and went to Larry's Pistol & Pawn in Huntsville.

Well, they didn't have one either, but the did have an RO Elite -- my first SA and love it.

Casually still looking for a Ronin and told my LGS that if they ever found one to call me. Got the call and now own two SA. The next one will be after Mrs. Tinyman gets her Charter Arms Professional III in .357 and it will be the EMP3 -- fancy little pistol.

I had a buddy who owned a Springfield M1 Garand and a SAR-48.
After shooting those over 20 yrs ago, I had to have one. Well, Sar-48 wasnt cheap, so I went down the everything FAL road and now have many in the collection, but still no SAR-48. Someday.

Bought a SA 1911 because I have always liked their 1911’s.

Got into looking for an upgrade from a base model AR and found the Saint Victors were just released. Loved the quality features. Got the 1st one into my gun shop and made them order me the .308 Saint when it was released.

Rest has been history. Both have been warhorses in combat with the hogs.

My first was a used Stainless Champion Loaded (one of the IMBEL produced ones); bought it because the price was quite good--$200 or so cheaper than a new blued Champion. Never quite got it to run well with JHP's, and was unaware of SA's lifetime warranty...traded it off.

Next, I never was particularly fond of Glocks, even though I had several...and when the XDm came out, I got one of the first ones n my local shop. This was when it was just the "XDm"--a 4.5" .40 was the only option. Never cottoned to it, moved it on.

Tried several other XD series pistols, ad finally decided they weren't for me. Owned a few other SA 1911's, and those were pretty decent...but not decent enough to keep.

Currently have two--a RO LW Compact in 9mm, and a M1A Target Loaded.

I have purchased several guns over the years, but none compared to our local resident @BET7 or several others. I was looking for a 10mm, but came up short and ended up with a 40s&w (not "Get Smart" missed it by that much). I wasn't looking for a conceal type, but the SA xdm just looked right. With that purchase it brought me to buy the 10mm in the same config. Both guns run very reliable and my 40xdm will be missed. My oldest has dibs on it. I need to replace a transmission in a p/u, but keep buying guns and @Mike H. doesn't help! I might need to put him on the "ignore" list?
As some of you have heard this recounting before, I started my collection back in 2012 with a visit to Cabela's here in Pennsylvania. My first 2 firearms were purchased that day (an AR15 Bushmaster and a S&W M&P 9mm (1.0)). About 2 years or so later, I decided to visit my local and only Cabela's in Pa. again, which is about a hour and a half drive from me. I wanted to get an AK47, or if none, another AR15. Back then (maybe still), you had to take a number ticket (like at a deli), and wait until your number was called. If you didn't hang around the gun counter, they'd call out your number when it came up maybe 2 or 3 times. If you didn't hear it, they'd move on to the next number and you lost out. Both times I visited Cabela's I stayed near the counter to listen to my number called. First time in 2012 I waited 1.5 hours, and this time a shorter duration of about 1 hour. Well, they had no AK47's nor any AR's. With the long trip there, I didn't want to leave empty handed, but the salesman was pushing me to make a decision or he'd move on to the next number. I asked for recommendations on a 1911 (I already had a Colt Gold Cup and Kimber SS Custom II), and he suggested a Springfield Armory Range Officer A1. Well I ended up going through the BGC and getting my first Springfield which was close to 1/2 the price of the Colt and Kimber 1911's. And to my delight, shot just as well as those other two.
Well since then, I've added other SA's to my collection, which include: 3 M1As; 3.3" EDs, XDe, and XD Mod2 all in .45acp; XDm 5.25" 10mm, XDm Elite 3.8" 10mm, non OSP Hellcat, Hellcat RDP, Hellcat Pro; first model Saint AR15; 300 Blackout Saint Victor AR15 pistol; and TRP Operator 1911s in .45acp 5" and the 6" 10mm TRP.
From the Government Springfield Armory, I own a M1 Garand, 2 1903s (A1, A3), and a M1 Carbine with a Springfield barrel.
I'm guessing these won't be my last Springfield's (or any other brands for that matter ;)), but that's my SA Story and I'm sticking to it. 😁🤗🤫

I had a buddy who owned a Springfield M1 Garand and a SAR-48.
After shooting those over 20 yrs ago, I had to have one. Well, Sar-48 wasnt cheap, so I went down the everything FAL road and now have many in the collection, but still no SAR-48. Someday.

Bought a SA 1911 because I have always liked their 1911’s.

Got into looking for an upgrade from a base model AR and found the Saint Victors were just released. Loved the quality features. Got the 1st one into my gun shop and made them order me the .308 Saint when it was released.

Rest has been history. Both have been warhorses in combat with the hogs.
Forgot to mention my M1A synthetic.
Had to have an “M14” to match my collection of FN FAL’s 😝

i just checked all my sales receipts.

apparently, my 1st S/A product was the Ronin, .45 ACP of course, 5" barrel.

bought back in March of '21.

i do recall that I wanted the S&W Series "E" 1911, cuz the salesman i did business with was saying that he had one, and for the money, you get a very nice 1911.

however, they had none in stock, but the owner said they had a shipment of the Ronin.

i saw it, i liked it, i bought it..

the Series "E" S&W, was bought at a later time.....

I have good memories of qualifying with an M14 long ago, and some not so good memories of carrying it for miles in the hot sand of Fort Bliss. I finally purchased an M1A in the early 90's, and a few years later gave myself a loaded 1911 for retirement. I've enjoyed getting to the range with the M1A a few times each year since, and the 1911 has a better trigger than my old Colt Combat Commander I bought in '73.

As some of you have heard this recounting before, I started my collection back in 2012 with a visit to Cabela's here in Pennsylvania. My first 2 firearms were purchased that day (an AR15 Bushmaster and a S&W M&P 9mm (1.0)). About 2 years or so later, I decided to visit my local and only Cabela's in Pa. again, which is about a hour and a half drive from me. I wanted to get an AK47, or if none, another AR15. Back then (maybe still), you had to take a number ticket (like at a deli), and wait until your number was called. If you didn't hang around the gun counter, they'd call out your number when it came up maybe 2 or 3 times. If you didn't hear it, they'd move on to the next number and you lost out. Both times I visited Cabela's I stayed near the counter to listen to my number called. First time in 2012 I waited 1.5 hours, and this time a shorter duration of about 1 hour. Well, they had no AK47's nor any AR's. With the long trip there, I didn't want to leave empty handed, but the salesman was pushing me to make a decision or he'd move on to the next number. I asked for recommendations on a 1911 (I already had a Colt Gold Cup and Kimber SS Custom II), and he suggested a Springfield Armory Range Officer A1. Well I ended up going through the BGC and getting my first Springfield which was close to 1/2 the price of the Colt and Kimber 1911's. And to my delight, shot just as well as those other two.
Well since then, I've added other SA's to my collection, which include: 3 M1As; 3.3" EDs, XDe, and XD Mod2 all in .45acp; XDm 5.25" 10mm, XDm Elite 3.8" 10mm, non OSP Hellcat, Hellcat RDP, Hellcat Pro; first model Saint AR15; 300 Blackout Saint Victor AR15 pistol; and TRP Operator 1911s in .45acp 5" and the 6" 10mm TRP.
From the Government Springfield Armory, I own a M1 Garand, 2 1903s (A1, A3), and a M1 Carbine with a Springfield barrel.
I'm guessing these won't be my last Springfield's (or any other brands for that matter ;)), but that's my SA Story and I'm sticking to it. 😁🤗🤫
BEF32761-1EBB-41FE-A13A-3D32A4475E41.gif

When I got into the "poly" pistols in the early 90's the G19 was the first one of those I picked up. Before other manufacturers got into that business Glock was the only one to provide models in the 45 & 10mm with the larger capacity magazines. But I found that with the larger models the "Glock grip" was not optimum for me, but I did get those models.

Then when SA adopted & renamed the HS2000 (HS Produkt) pistol design I found out the XD/XDM line fit me much better than the Glocks. I've repurposed my old Glocks, and replaced them in front-line use with various XD/XDm models.

My .02
I found the XD line in a similar manner. I really wish I had found it sooner. As a LEO, I carried Glocks (started on the 22, moved to the 17 later). Our Rangemaster and several senior officers loved the Springfield 1911s, but we were always told that if we were buying polymer guns, Glock was the way to go. The reasoning behind their logic was apparently that Springfield 1911s were high-quality American firearms, but XDs were re-branded Croatian products that were not "Real Springfields".

I faithfully carried Glocks as my off-duty weapons for years. I was able to shoot them accurately and they all functioned flawlessly. I eventually bought a 911 Alpha Nitride as a pocket gun, but that was because it was a "real" Springfield based on their 1911s and Glock didn't have a true pocket gun. I finally gave the XD line a chance when Springfield discontinued the XD Mod.2 line and I found a new 4" .45 ACP model at a ridiculously low price.

I am a competent pistol shooter, but I am by no means a bullseye competition shooter. The first time I took the .45 acp XD Mod.2 to the range I shot quarter-sized groups at 7 and 10 yards. This is almost unheard of for me, and that gun is still the one of the most accurate guns in my collection. I wish I'd tried the XD line sooner, but I've spent the last few years making up for lost time.

My first Springfield was a Hellcat. I heard about it, saw it, read about it and bought one.
I had always wanted a Government model 1911. I bought an RIA 1911 at LGS but wanted one closer to original 1911.
Then I was looking at AR's when the Saint crossed my path. I liked the looks and reviews then I found this forum. I read reviews, comments, discussions and discovered the MilSpec 1911.
Bought a MilSpec 1911, then the Saint, and now my SA-35.

Mine was an XD 45 tactical that I purchased somewhere in the latter part of the 90's.

What convinced me was the Guns and Ammo article on the 20,000 round torture test.

Kinda doubt that you had one in the 1990’s.

The HS2000 wasn’t imported until 2000, and only in 9mm. SA picked them up as the XD a couple years later, but the .45 didn’t come out until 2005 or so.

Back