testtest

What Is a Slide Spider?

I'm impressed, I expected the glue to not hold well, but it's still firm and makes racking the slide super easy. Only thing I don't like is on my carry weapon, my arm bumps it now and then. Also, do not get any oil or solvents on it, that will make the glue let loose

Neat product, which I personally wouldn't apply to my firearms, but I'm always interested to see the various applications of adhesive-backed grip tape that are thought of and manufactured. 👍
Awhile back I picked up some rolls of skateboard tape for a project on my truck, that didn’t work but I found another use. After slipping and falling twice on the metal folding stairs on my camper I covered them up last weekend.
37114DBA-4BEB-4522-ACB9-ABCC830D2ACF.jpeg

I'm impressed, I expected the glue to not hold well, but it's still firm and makes racking the slide super easy. Only thing I don't like is on my carry weapon, my arm bumps it now and then. Also, do not get any oil or solvents on it, that will make the glue let loose
I've had one on my XDe for over a year and shoot it and clean it every week and have not had any problem with it yet. I also have the Talon grip on it and haven't had any problems with those either on the XDe, XD, XDM and Glocks.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled What Is a Slide Spider? and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/what-is-a-slide-spider/.

Neat idea, but with spider possibly being "allergic" to gun oil may raise concerns? If spider becomes slippery because gun oil causes adhesive to become slippery like gun oil has on other things? What then? Who knows? Another alternative may be grippy gloves with rubber dots or some other type of sticky rubberized gloves? Possibly use some liquid rubber paint applied with small brush or cotton swab? Comes in a variety of colors. Could be an alternative? *Have used the rubber coating or paint on a variety of things like tool handles, like screwdrivers, with mostly success. Oil sometimes disolves adhesive and sometimes doesn't. Is odd with same exact coating, but was my experience. Haven't tried or needed any slide aids so don't know on slide spider application. Regardless, slide spider is an imaginative idea and looks pretty cool!

I have a few of those. They are the reason I kept a beautiful gun that I couldn’t rack to save my life (due to the slickness of the slide). I was 5 seconds from shipping my slide off to have the serrations deepened when I stumbled upon these spiders last year.

So far so good. Neither gun oil nor solvent has caused mine to move from where I placed them.

Back