testtest

What Is the Best AR Caliber for Hunting?

I killed a deer with a .22 mag before. That doesn’t mean it’s right or ethical.
I have as well! And I agree dose that make it a good or capable deer cartridge? He*l no! If I let fly with a ball bearing from a sling shot and kill a deer. Dose that make the ball bearing a good deer projectile and the sling shot a good arm for harvesting deer? I highly think not!

I have as well! And I agree dose that make it a good or capable deer cartridge? He*l no! If I let fly with a ball bearing from a sling shot and kill a deer. Dose that make the ball bearing a good deer projectile and the sling shot a good arm for harvesting deer? I highly think not!
That makes you an unethical hunter.

Did it drop quickly and cleanly? If not, YOU were unethical for taking the shot; not the caliber.

Explain exactly how a .223 is less powerful than a bow—or do you think bow hunting is unethical?
Sh*t happens when taking shots hunting. I don't care how good of a shot or hunter you are! Any avid or experianced hunter will tell you the same. As hunters well all do our best to make good shot placement on the animals we intend to harvest and hope for an ethical fast clean kill, but at the end of the day as you like to say. Sometimes sh** happenes!

Sh*t happens when taking shots hunting. I don't care how good of a shot or hunter you are! Any avid or experianced hunter will tell you the same. As hunters well all do our best to make good shot placement on the animals we intend to harvest and hope for an ethical fast clean kill, but at the end of the day as you like to say. Sometimes sh** happenes!
Again:

Do you think bow hunting is unethical? Or do you think a bow is more powerful and more effective than a .223?

Did it drop quickly and cleanly? If not, YOU were unethical for taking the shot; not the caliber.

Explain exactly how a .223 is less powerful than a bow—or do you think bow hunting is unethical?
Ok, I'd be happy to! At the proper distances. The right bow with the right arrow and arrow head produces extremely well terminal performance on deer producing great wound canals. Much better than a 5.56. It's been proven. .223 is outlawed for deer hunting in many states for a reason! I've only harvested two deer or any other animals in my life for that matter with a bow. A recurve. Both shots at about ten yards. The arrow went clean through and it was only a 50lb recurve. The animal ran a bit, but not for long or very far. The amount of blood pooring out of the animal was way more than I'd seen produced from any of my rifle kills. It was quite impressive I must say, and I'm an avid rifle hunter. I hope this info helps bud.

Last edited:
Again:

Do you think bow hunting is unethical? Or do you think a bow is more powerful and more effective than a .223?
Bow hunting unethical? No. Bow more powerful than .223? A lot of variables involved. Type and weight of .223 projectile, type of arrowhead, poundage of bow, so on and so on. It's a very touchy subject in many states with many hunters and Wildlife protection officers. You, I and many others could argue this topic for days and days, but I've already given you my opinion on the .223 for deer hunting.

Last edited:

Well for starters you aren’t going to take a shot longer than 40 yards with a bow. Then there’s the 1 3/4” mutilated permanent wound channel caused by a mechanical broad head. But I get your point. Inside effective distance when you’re positive you can make a clean shot. I suppose. Still much rather use an 06.

Well for starters you aren’t going to take a shot longer than 40 yards with a bow. Then there’s the 1 3/4” mutilated permanent wound channel caused by a mechanical broad head. But I get your point. Inside effective distance when you’re positive you can make a clean shot. I suppose. Still much rather use an 06.
Agreed!

Ok, I'd be happy to! At the proper distances. The right bow with the right arrow and arrow head produces extremely well terminal performance on deer producing great wound canals. Much better than a 5.56. It's been proven. .223 is outlawed for deer hunting in many states for a reason! I've only harvested two deer or any other animals in my life for that matter with a bow. A recurve. Both shots at about ten yards. The arrow went clean through and it was only a 50lb recurve. The animal ran a bit, but not for long or very far. The amount of blood pooring out of the animal was way more than I'd seen produced from any of my rifle kills. It was quite impressive I must say, and I'm an avid rifle hunter. I hope this info helps bud.
So you’d rather have a bow than an AR for self defense?

I mean, if it’s that much better…

In certain senerios where steath is mandatory to prevent from getting killed? Absolutely! I'd rather have a good knife over a firearm!

So a knife is a more effective weapon than an AR?

Hell, the military should just use bayonets…
If I come up behind you while you're holding any fire arm, I don't care if it's an RPG, and you don't know I'm there! Yes a knife is much more capable that an AR!

1649360462631.gif

Utterly unrelated.
Its ok I'm not begging for an answer and I understand if you don't want to. However it is somewhat related. I have served and worked with special forces. You ask me about arms other than firearms being more affective than an AR and my answer is depending on the senerio, yes! Like I told you before Hans the info and opinions I provide are based on 95% experience. You can take my info and opinions into consideration or leave it. I don't care one way or another. I know what I know and my opinions are strictly my own because at the end of the day. I'll sleep just fine regardless what anybody else thinks of me or my opinions bud.

If I come up behind you while you're holding any fire arm, I don't care if it's an RPG, and you don't know I'm there! Yes a knife is much more capable that an AR!
So you’re saying, if you acknowledge the limitations of the platform, and use it correctly, it’s a good choice.

Just like a .223 for deer.

QE-MF’n-D

Back