testtest

What Is the Best Hellcat for You?

For me it was the OSP FDE version with the WASP attached, great little gun!

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpeg
    IMG_0297.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
Here’s to hoping my HCP becomes my favorite EDC. Unfortunately, I am at my limit of 3 on my permit and with all that I went through to add my P365, I may just wait until my November renewal.

Hello All,
I have a question. Does your Hellcat OSP, using the std iron sights, shoot like about a foot high at about 15 yds? From day one thething has shot high and for a potential conceal carry tool that is unheard of let alone unacceptable. To combat that issue...nothing appears to be wrong as checked out by a qualified gunsmith...but the only thing that could be done to get it to place shots where you want them to go is to mount a SMSc Shield red dot in the OSC slot on the slide and then it was sighted in successfully. I notice all the pics used in this article also have a device mounted in the OSC slot. Is this a common problem with this pistol that anybody else has experienced or heard of? Thanks!

Hello All,
I have a question. Does your Hellcat OSP, using the std iron sights, shoot like about a foot high at about 15 yds? From day one thething has shot high and for a potential conceal carry tool that is unheard of let alone unacceptable. To combat that issue...nothing appears to be wrong as checked out by a qualified gunsmith...but the only thing that could be done to get it to place shots where you want them to go is to mount a SMSc Shield red dot in the OSC slot on the slide and then it was sighted in successfully. I notice all the pics used in this article also have a device mounted in the OSC slot. Is this a common problem with this pistol that anybody else has experienced or heard of? Thanks!
With all brands of ammo or just one?

My Hellcat Pro sights are good.

My BIL & sister bought the Hellcat RDP when it first came out but they didn't know anything about red dots. I adjusted the red dot for them sitting at the kitchen table to the iron sights before we headed to her backyard and we've never adjusted it since. So her irons are good also. I'll be down for my yearly visit in a few months and check it out again.

Is it the way you hold or aim the pistol?
My wife and I are accomplished shooters. We know how to aim and adjust aim through fixed sights. Aiming as one should expect resulted in about a foot high at 15 yds repeatedly. The front sight appears a normal height, not unusually low and the back sight appears to be a normal height as well, not unusually high. Like I mentioned...a SMSc Shield was added and adjusted to hit center mass however was aiming at same before with factory iron sights and rests were about a foot high.

Ask other "accomplished shooters" to run the pistol while you observe. If the issue remains, I suggest calling the fine folks at Springfield Armory for assistance. I, personally, wouldn't fire the weapon until corrected, let alone carry it.

Back