testtest

What is the Dumbest thing you ever did?

Submitted my DNA to Ancestry. It's quite a shock to get inquiries that start with, "I think you knew my mom back in the day".
i had seriously thought of that, had the application all set, and ready to go.....

then i had a serious thought, when i opened up the return envelope, and in a deep voice, i heard, "old-me, i am your father".......

1658073849679.png

Last edited:
i had seriously thought of that, had the application all set, and ready to go.....

then i had a serious thought, when i opened up the return envelope, and in a deep voice, i heard, "old-me, i am your father".......

View attachment 29069
Side bar:
I was watching “Coming to America” movie with Eddie Murphy and James Earl Jones plays his father the King.
Well, My son comes downstairs to get a snack and hears James Earl Jones talking in the movie.
He looks puzzled and says: “is that Darth Vader?”

Yep, sure is !
He was like cool, never knew who the voice was

Submitted my DNA to Ancestry. It's quite a shock to get inquiries that start with, "I think you knew my mom back in the day".
My twin sister did the same thing, we were born to an unwed woman in the late 50’s I told her I wanted nothing to do with the search but she still gave my contact information to a family that we were supposedly related to.
I was first contacted by a woman who said she was my biological mother who then proceeded to tell me if she knew she was carrying a boy she would have aborted us, well I had a few choice words with her before hanging up and blocked her number. I was then contacted by someone who said we were brothers who told me he was going to find me and make me pay for talking to his mother like I did. I reported his sorry butt to law enforcement.
I’m truly grateful for being allowed to be born however I’m more grateful being put up for adoption so I didn’t grow up with people like that.

My twin sister did the same thing, we were born to an unwed woman in the late 50’s I told her I wanted nothing to do with the search but she still gave my contact information to a family that we were supposedly related to.
I was first contacted by a woman who said she was my biological mother who then proceeded to tell me if she knew she was carrying a boy she would have aborted us, well I had a few choice words with her before hanging up and blocked her number. I was then contacted by someone who said we were brothers who told me he was going to find me and make me pay for talking to his mother like I did. I reported his sorry butt to law enforcement.
I’m truly grateful for being allowed to be born however I’m more grateful being put up for adoption so I didn’t grow up with people like that.
Keystone, that's a sad and heart-breaking story. I feel for you, but it shows that you were raised by a loving family and have thrived. I truely respect that. In my search on Ancestry I discovered that my mother's grandfather abandoned his wife and three children and eventually moved to Pittsburgh with another woman sometime around 1910. They later had a child together. This came as a surprise, to say the least, to my mother and other family members who are still alive. So, through the research I've done I have discovered that I have at least 3 living folks directly related to great granddad. I've contacted them through the Ancestry web site and have sent them emails. However, no reply, so I've decided to let this sleeping dog lie.

Back