testtest

What is your preference on a 1911.....Stainless or Blue

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
What is your choice for a 1911, is it a stainless or blue carbon steel? Personally here I like the blue carbon steel, to me its more traditional. Most of my 1911's are the blue carbon steel, Springfield RO Operator, Colt Classic and Colt Competition, now my Sig 1911 is all stainless, and my Kimber's are duel tone, stainless frame and carbon blue slide, and aluminum frame carbon blue slide. So what is your preference on the 1911?

Last edited:
I'm old school and a traditionalist as well, so my preference is blue/wood. There are times for practicality that stainless is preferable, like maybe a gun to be kept/used in or around a fishing boat or similar, but generally speaking, a good quality bluing job over a well polished and smooth piece of steel with close fitted wood will be my choice.

And personally I have little to no desire for any of the combo 'stainless w/ blue' choices. I'm sure there may be reasons for some to like and/or need them, but just not for me. (y)(y)(y)

And I have absolutely no desire for any of the black guns. I'm just not into the paramilitary kind of stuff. I'm not knocking the quality nor usefulness of any of them, nor anyone else's likes/dislikes, only that they came along well after I was interested in guns in general. By that time I was already in love with the true blue/wood combinations.

Both at the same time = Two-Tone
1640287726170.png
1640287770066.png

well i have blued, stainless AND 2 tones...love them all, as each one has it's own "personality, style and place" in my collection.

like the old saying, "all work and no play makes for Jack being a dull guy"...to me this applies for all one color

with my collection, i have a "little spice in life"....and allows me to have an affair that if i tried to have an affair with another woman...?

what would the Mrs do.....?

she wouldn't be my Mrs no more......

Back