testtest

What other outdoor activities do you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawn mowing, weed wacking, painting, light construction, rocking and grilling. First four only cause the Boss makes me.

Haha that sounds like my list too!

I’m actually into smoking and grilling, and have the house with the only pool in the family, so do a lot of outdoor entertaining when weather is good. I also am a home brewer, and technically that is outside, or at least in the garage with ventilation, since it involves propane burners.

I used to do it ALL - soccer, ultimate frisbee, baseball, cycling, running, archery, rock climbing, spelunking (I guess that counts - are caves "outside"?), canoeing, whitewater kayaking, swimming, hiking, camping (tent). Then, I got old and had to get one of those "job" things. Outdoor activities became yardwork, housework, cutting/trimming trees, painting, building. Camping turned into motorcycle camping trips (still tent - one saddlebag is clothes, one saddlebag is a 10 degree bag and a 2 man dome tent). Bad accident in '08, both legs rebuilt (2# of titanium in me now), running is a distant memory, as is swimming. Nowadays I own a small live audio company and do quite a few outdoor gigs in the summer months - wineries, weddings, county fairs, private parties, City events...I still mountain bike whenever I can (daily in the summer, for cardio; the rowing machine picks up the cardio slack in cold/dark winter months). Some archery, just for focus and peace. Outdoor pistol practice in the decent weather - nice to have 4 acres. Love my yardwork, love my motorcycles...but I do miss being able to run. But...it's a small price to pay for continuing to breathe - one of my surgeons back in '08 told me, in '09, that "we thought you were going to leave in a bag".

You hear the head of a globally-renowned Orthopaedics department tell you that? You make the most of every single second.

One of my most favorite outdoor activities these days is sitting on my front porch, looking at Earth. I live at 1600' elevation, with a front row seat to a view of four states, the Blue Ridge mountains, the Cumberland Valley in PA (I live in MD), my very well-maintained 4 acres, and some absolutely spectacular sunsets.

Haha that sounds like my list too!

I’m actually into smoking and grilling, and have the house with the only pool in the family, so do a lot of outdoor entertaining when weather is good. I also am a home brewer, and technically that is outside, or at least in the garage with ventilation, since it involves propane burners.
I keep telling all the guys that you don't know hard work until you retire. Everyday is like Saturday and the Honey Do projects abound from no where.

I try to get out and run as often as i can, but work and family tends to tie up my time. That, and shooting :)
Haha..... After you retire you'll then realize how great you have it now..... Why do you think us retiree's refer to them as the good old days?

Everyday is like Saturday

Since every day is the same now sometimes I forget which day it is.
Luckily my computer displays it as does my smart phone and my watch. Should there be a power outage and the watch fail I have a most reliable backup method. "Hey Honey, what day is it?"

I also did the ATV thing a few years back, had a bad accident, gave up the ATV, wife was real happy after that, did turkey hunting too, but now all the land we used to hunt is all gas & oil pads, so, where I live not much land to do that anymore, a lot of good replies here.

I also did the ATV thing a few years back, had a bad accident, gave up the ATV, wife was real happy after that, did turkey hunting too, but now all the land we used to hunt is all gas & oil pads, so, where I live not much land to do that anymore, a lot of good replies here.
Locations do take up space along with the roads too get there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back