testtest

What Rifle Should I Buy? Choosing the Best for Your Purposes

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Buying a rifle is a major step and should be considered thoroughly. The choices can seem almost endless.

In order to make the best choice you need to ask yourself just what the rifle is for.

Mossberg_MVP_Scout_Range-1024x485.jpg

Buying a rifle is a major step and should be considered thoroughly. The choices can seem almost endless.

In order to make the best choice you need to ask yourself just what the rifle is for.

Bigger is better and the more the marrier!

If you do not already own one then an AR.

Very versatile, defense, hunting, competition, plinker. Has capabilities as a handgun, rifle, and long distance shooter.

Only after an AR would additional rifles be considered.

I dont understand why there is a bird cage flash hider on this rifle in the pic.

-Limited round count, so lacking in self defense in a tactical scenario?
-if sniping tactically, why bother with a birdcage ?
- if hunting, no need for a birdcage ?
- doesnt help /offset with muzzle climb?

On… and on.. and on ?

Im puzzled

I dont understand why there is a bird cage flash hider on this rifle in the pic.

On… and on.. and on ?

Im puzzled

Marketing drives alot of products that drives the industry.

1) There are other firearms with a limited capacity that are perfectly good to self defense, i.e 1911. Many hunting rifles have detachable mags.
2) Marketing
3) The FH has no impact on hunting useability. Plenty of folks use AR-15/10-types for hunting.

The article says some rifles have dual purpose based on the users needs/wants.

Marketing drives alot of products that drives the industry.

1) There are other firearms with a limited capacity that are perfectly good to self defense, i.e 1911. Many hunting rifles have detachable mags.
2) Marketing
3) The FH has no impact on hunting useability. Plenty of folks use AR-15/10-types for hunting.

The article says some rifles have dual purpose based on the users needs/wants.
Agree, but why bother with a bird cage. I get the AR for hunting .. I do it weekly.

But a bird cage on a bolt rifle ??

Edit: animals dont shoot back. Why bother with a bird cage on a hunting rifle. Thats my point. I dont get it. What flash are you trying to hide from an animal. Just me. I dont get it. Use something else.

Agree, but why bother with a bird cage. I get the AR for hunting .. I do it weekly.

But a bird cage on a bolt rifle ??
Lots of bolt guns are available with threaded barrels for suppressors or muzzle breaks.

If someone wants to put a FH on the end as a thread protector that's OK to me.

A properly designed muzzle device can offset muzzle jump/climb.

Lots of bolt guns are available with threaded barrels for suppressors or muzzle breaks.

If someone wants to put a FH on the end as a thread protector that's OK to me.

A properly designed muzzle device can offset muzzle jump/climb.
Ok
I guess.
Personal choice is personal choice
I’ll just shrug my shoulders on this one

On… and on.. and on ?

Im puzzled
The rifle as pictured looks to be an example of Jeff Coopers scout rifle concept. basically it is a bolt action magazine fed all purpose/defensive rifle with a low powered forward mounted scope Ruger makes one and so does I believe Styer. They are or were a bit popular at one time and I believe still are to some extent or else they would not still be produced.

Perhaps not as popular as an AR but I think still a valid and popular option for some.

Last edited:
Ok
I guess.
Personal choice is personal choice
I’ll just shrug my shoulders on this one

Back