testtest

What should I expect for trade on a Springfield Saint

Wanting to trade our Springfield Saint at our local LGS towards the purchase of another gun.

Never fired, my wife bought it for herself and just lost interest( she prefers AK platform no hate guys😂).

Had it for about 6 months, and I know they will try and rip me off on trade but what can I realistically expect?
my LGS will pay me 65% of the current retail pricings.

and with the economy tanking..???

good luck to get that much...

Even though the Saint was never fired its now used.

Probably ~30-40% less than what the LGS would sell that Saint for, especially if the other gun you're interested in is a popular one, and if the LGS doesn't sell many ARs. ARs are a dime a dozen so a middle-of-the road AR like the Saint has lots of competition.

My .02

If you can afford it I would just keep it and put it away for a while. Used AR prices are really low right now to sell it and take a big hit. Hopefully in the future prices will go up and you won't loose that much.

When buying used I start at 50-60% of dealers price, unless it is something that is a collectable or unique.

Consignment maybe the best way to move it and get the most return though this depends on the percentage that will be taken by the LGS.
here, whether its the LGS's or the range, the going commission is 20% of the sale price.

i hated consignment, i had 2 guns on consignment, low round counts, as near near condition as possible.

1) good sale price, as per the recommendation of the FFL said. (at the range i go to)

2) well...who wanted each..

3) who failed the background checks

4) who decided not to buy cuz even at used, it was too much, (even though each was like $200 LESS than retail)

5) who put a deposit, then "forgot all about it", tying up another sale...

i said, screw it, i'll take them back

off to another LGS, sold on the spot......no sales commissions.....done deals.

take it to a LGS that buys used guns, get the best price, get the cash (or store credits), then walk out.

or go on Gunbroker (or similar) and pay the commissions there, and deal with shipping, etc,etc...

not for me.......cash in hand beats waiting and BS any day..........

here, whether its the LGS's or the range, the going commission is 20% of the sale price.

i hated consignment, i had 2 guns on consignment, low round counts, as near near condition as possible.

1) good sale price, as per the recommendation of the FFL said. (at the range i go to)

2) well...who wanted each..

3) who failed the background checks

4) who decided not to buy cuz even at used, it was too much, (even though each was like $200 LESS than retail)

5) who put a deposit, then "forgot all about it", tying up another sale...

i said, screw it, i'll take them back

off to another LGS, sold on the spot......no sales commissions.....done deals.

take it to a LGS that buys used guns, get the best price, get the cash (or store credits), then walk out.

or go on Gunbroker (or similar) and pay the commissions there, and deal with shipping, etc,etc...

not for me.......cash in hand beats waiting and BS any day..........

It all depends on the LGS and the current market. My LGS only takes 10% if you elect to take the cash option or they give you 100% of the sale price to use towards store credit. My LGS won't accept firearms on consignment under $600 in value or firearms that would be a hard sell, because they move so much product they don't need cheap or unwanted products taking up sales space.

I sold a rifle build recently that I didn't care to much for and made $300 more than it cost me to build. It sat for a few weeks but it did sell for full asking price.

Back