testtest

What was the last time you saw Speer bullets for sale??

Speer Bullets is now a part of Vista Outdoors, the same company that owns CCI and has not been selling reloaders primers since the George Floyd riots. They have sucker punched you and me and we should be avoiding Vista Outdoors products just like we are avoiding COVID. There are other good bullets to buy.

Yeah, not true.

If it were, then why are there Federal & CCI primers on the shelf in a few of my LGS’s?

I get primers from Midway and Natchez who send me ads frequently. Most common low price has been $89/K, sometimes with free hazmat and/or shipping. I was lucky to buy SPP for $59/K at a local store (I bought 4K). You can bet they disappeared fast. Most common brand has been CCI. I do a search of several bullet companies when I want bullets to see which I will order from at that time.
As has been pointed out, companies are busy making 20 round count defensive ammo due to the return they make. Demand is still quite high for ammunition so reloaders need to check their sources frequently in order to jump on the item(s) when they show up. If you snooze you lose so to speak.

I bought a couple boxes of .358 250 gr Hot Cors for the 35 Whelen a couple years ago directly from Speer. Earlier this year I picked up a couple boxes is 375 285 gr Grand Slams locally. Prices were quite reasonable too.

Back