testtest

What was the last time you saw Speer bullets for sale??

I bought some Speer Gold Dots in .401 and 200 grain about 3 years ago and found that using them and some accurate #9 powder produced 3/4" groups with my XD-M OSP 3.8" Elite at 25 yards.

My Glocks also prefer their Gold Dots in .40 S&W and 9mm as far as accuracy.

Unfortunately, I have not found any of their pistol bullets available for sale locally or on line for years.

Does Speer even make pistol bullets anymore? Crazy that I can't find them. Plenty of Hornady XTPs for sale, but Speer seems to have gone out of business since their bullets are just not available for the past two years.

Sad, since they were great bullets.

I bought some Speer Gold Dots in .401 and 200 grain about 3 years ago and found that using them and some accurate #9 powder produced 3/4" groups with my XD-M OSP 3.8" Elite at 25 yards.

Unfortunately, I have not found any of their pistol bullets available for sale locally or on line for years.

Does Speer even make pistol bullets anymore? Crazy that I can't find them. Plenty of Hornady XTPs for sale, but Speer seems to have gone out of business since their bullets are just not available for the past two years.

Midway USA has a large selection of Speer bullets and ammo in stock right now.

Could it be that just like everything else, retailers that sell the most get the most replenishment from the distributor?

My current online supplier never has Fiocchi or Speer Lawman 9 or 45 acp in stock anymore, if they do it’s goes quick as most any economical range ammo. In one door - out the other.

Im not a weekly regular at the LGS/Big Box and deliveries are not always on time so anything put on the shelf in the morning is gone in a day or two. Guess it would be good to have an inside guy.

Thanks for the Velocity tip and Midway ammo seems decently priced too.

Speer like Federal is owned by Vista outdoors. Both have a huge presence in law enforcement. Jason Vanderbrink the president of those companies has stated that components will be in short supply until the great ammo buying public slows down. Their focus atm is just making ammo for the shelves in stores once that is caught up they will focus on components for reloading.

Just have a question. When was the last time you looked online for Speer ammunition? I did a basic Google search and found tons of it online and in stock.
I didn't say I was looking for their ammunition. I'm a reloader and their Gold Dot bullets have been awesome. They just don't exist anywhere online or locally. And I live 50 miles from their factory.

I should have been clearer in my original post.

Just went downstairs because I thought I had 3 boxes of Speer bullets. Turns out they are Sierra brand.

Don't think I've ever loaded a Speer bullet into any cartridge.

I just purchased some Speer lawman from AE ammo online, came today. Had a decent price on 147gr so I grabbed 200.

I didn't say I was looking for their ammunition. I'm a reloader and their Gold Dot bullets have been awesome. They just don't exist anywhere online or locally. And I live 50 miles from their factory.

I should have been clearer in my original post.

A quick 30 second search of Midway found Speer bullets in stock. A 30 second search of Cabelas found them available online and in my local store.

A longer search elsewhere should find more available. Now what you are looking for specifically nay be harder to find, but yes, Speer bullets are available.

Most gold dots do indeed seem to be on backorder. In the current economy and ammunition sales they might well be hard to find as they may be having supply and demand issues.

A short perusal of Speers site shows gold dot bullets in stock for sale.

Last edited:
There’s plenty of Speer online. It used to be in all the stores pre-pandemic but I haven’t seen it on the shelves for ages.

They’re all over the place, buddy. Not gonna divulge the nest source, but suffice to say, you should have no problemo finding those golden beauties.

Both Brownells and Midway have had a few pistol primers recently, they do not last long.

Brownells has Fed LP MAG and CCI SP MAG in stock this morning.

Target Sports USA has had primers, in lots of 5000 at about $600

Speer Bullets is now a part of Vista Outdoors, the same company that owns CCI and has not been selling reloaders primers since the George Floyd riots. They have sucker punched you and me and we should be avoiding Vista Outdoors products just like we are avoiding COVID. There are other good bullets to buy.

Back