testtest

What We Love About Revolvers! What Do You Love?

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Revolvers, people either seem to love them or hate them, and perhaps there is a segment somewhere in the middle that looks at them historically.

1658025840995.png

I love the feel and balance of the revolver. I love the simplicity and reliability of thier use. I love the versatility of a caliber like .357 magnum and the ability to use such a wide variety of loads reliably.

The revolver has been and will be my answer to that old internet staple question "what would you choose if you could only have one gun? "

One of my candidates, for me, is always the SW model 60 3 inch another would be the model 19 or 66 4 inch.

20210819_114503.jpg

Revolvers, people either seem to love them or hate them, and perhaps there is a segment somewhere in the middle that looks at them historically.

View attachment 29054
i love the classic styling of the revolver. they have been around for well over 100 years.

usually very dependable, the only jam i have ever had was the reloaded ammo was not seated deep enough into the brass, and the wheel could not spin.

i have a few revolvers, my super smooth Korth Mongoose, 6" 357, has roller bearings, for an incredible trigger/hammer action.

i love all my revolvers, even though they have a limited number of rounds, of up to 7. but there are for the range and fun.

i just started getting into the single action with a used Ruger Vaquero, that i bought rosewood stocks for, to be rid of the ugly plastic black OEM look.

Korth Mongoose

1658064007374.png

Ruger Vaquero

1658064048626.png

I like the look, the feel and the action of a Revolver.
.357 is a hell of a round.

I think a revolver has an intimidation effect as well. Folks are so used to semi auto’s that when a revolver comes out, a lot of folks are awe struck.
Particularly a big 6” .357 View attachment 29068
do you (and others here) shoot your revolvers in single action or double.??

personally, since it is for fun shooting, i shoot ALL my revolvers in single action.

maybe that's why i really love the Vaquero, back to the cowboys and they way they had to shoot'em

i just did a quick search, on when double action revolvers came out..

i did not know the history

In 1889, Colt introduced the Model 1889, the first truly modern double action revolver, which differed from earlier double action revolvers by having a "swing-out" cylinder, as opposed to a "top-break" or "side-loading" cylinder.

do you (and others here) shoot your revolvers in single action or double.??

personally, since it is for fun shooting, i shoot ALL my revolvers in single action.

maybe that's why i really love the Vaquero, back to the cowboys and they way they had to shoot'em
50/50 split
I warm up with single and work on accuracy in single.
I switch to double action for SD work, as i’ll be pulling the trigger DA in SD in the home or on a hog

I'm still trying to score the "right one" Anyone who has seen my comments in other sections knows, I absolutely love the look of wood and metal. That's the way it started, that's the way it should be. I don't think that the classic DA/SA revolver can be improved on. These new designs with shrouded or bobbed hammers leave something to be desired in comparison. You look at the silhouette of a python or a K19 you know. Whether 357 or 44 you know you're looking at serious iron. And the SAA 45s, there's nothing that can come close. The autos are like today's cars. They all look alike, lacking any kind of soul at all. You can't say that about a classic revolver.

I'm still trying to score the "right one" Anyone who has seen my comments in other sections knows, I absolutely love the look of wood and metal. That's the way it started, that's the way it should be. I don't think that the classic DA/SA revolver can be improved on. These new designs with shrouded or bobbed hammers leave something to be desired in comparison. You look at the silhouette of a python or a K19 you know. Whether 357 or 44 you know you're looking at serious iron. And the SAA 45s, there's nothing that can come close. The autos are like today's cars. They all look alike, lacking any kind of soul at all. You can't say that about a classic revolver.
i have to "wonder" the used gun market for semi-automatics to revolvers.

i like them both, but when i went to the range and saw the Vaquero in the display case, not too many buyers looking at revolvers over the semi's,

i think some people are over looking a potential classic over plastic.

same with the big LGS, quite a few revolvers, both new and used, but seemingly, more buyers for the semi's....

Back