testtest

Whats for breakfast?

Understand completely, spent ten agonizing years before I had both hips replaced. Most people can't understand what living with 24/7 pain is like.
I know the feeling, had bi-lateral growing hernia surgery a year and and half ago and I still have pain and soreness issues. I have good days and not so good days. I let the surgery go way too long, needed it years ago but instead put it off, scar tissue is a pain….literally. As for breakfast, my wife will make scrambled eggs mixed with potato O’brian and bacon strips with wheat toast…..now I’m hungry 😬

Coffee and LOTS of it. Usually about 6 or 7 pots a day plus a few smokes. Pain. I suffer from severe migraines. Diagnosed at age 6 and I'll be 52 next month. tried every known pain med, HATE taking meds. I just now suck it up so to speak. Just my two cents...
6 or 7 pots of coffee a day, carry a urinal around with ya lol? Gave up smoking 25 years ago, cannot say as what I miss it. Did for a few years but now don't even think about it anymore. I saw the other day what a pack costs at the store and it was shocking. Damn if I smoked a pack a day like I did in IT for years I could not afford to retire lol.

Last edited:
I know the feeling, had bi-lateral growing hernia surgery a year and and half ago and I still have pain and soreness issues. I have good days and not so good days. I let the surgery go way too long, needed it years ago but instead put it off, scar tissue is a pain….literally. As for breakfast, my wife will make scrambled eggs mixed with potato O’brian and bacon strips with wheat toast…..now I’m hungry 😬
Ouch sounds painful indeed. Hope it feels better soon. One of the favorite things I make my wife is what she called a scramble. Hash browns, sausage, peppers, bacon, American cheese and any other cheese we have all scrambled together. She loves it.

6 or 7 pots of coffee a day, carry a urinal around with ya lol? Gave up smoking 25 years ago, cannot say as what I miss it. Did for a few years but now don't even think about it anymore. I saw the other day what a pack costs at the store and it was shocking. Damn if I smoked a pack a day like I did in IT for years I could not afford to retire lol.
Also kicked the smoking habit 20 years ago, but your post reminded me of something that happened in college one day when our young Psychology professor, usually a happy and friendly guy, came into class one morning very angry. He threw a pack of Marlboros on his desk and said, "That's it, I quit!". He went on to explain that his reason was not health related, but that the price of his cigarettes went up from 25 cents to 30 cents a pack! First and last time I ever saw him lose his temper. Don't know whether he actually quit or not but, several years after I graduated, he became Dean of the college. :)

Also kicked the smoking habit 20 years ago, but your post reminded me of something that happened in college one day when our young Psychology professor, usually a happy and friendly guy, came into class one morning very angry. He threw a pack of Marlboros on his desk and said, "That's it, I quit!". He went on to explain that his reason was not health related, but that the price of his cigarettes went up from 25 cents to 30 cents a pack! First and last time I ever saw him lose his temper. Don't know whether he actually quit or not but, several years after I graduated, he became Dean of the college. :)
I can remember a pack of Marlboros being .50/pack. We all said we'd quit when it got to a dollar. I didn't quit. Just quit smoking Marlboros.

Ground pork and eggs this morning

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1675359752208.jpg
    FB_IMG_1675359752208.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 47
Back