testtest

What’s in your Public Profile

Nice article and good to have reminders. I try to keep my sarcastic side in check because I have noticed when re-reading before posting, the sarcasm is hard to detect but the words are still there. I didn't realize my employer did an social media check until 6yrs ago when I was put on the interview team and a persons internet behavior was brought up.

I do not need to post about my guns, I made a mistake 35 years ago and said "yes" when a VA doctor asked me if I owned any guns. The government never forgets.

I've googled my name on occasion, and was surprised at how many people have the exact same name. 😨
When I lived in Connecticut there were 6 other people that shared my name and we all lived in the same town. I used to work with one of them at the same company. 🤦‍♂️

This is great thread, I do have a FB page that I just shared my success with my orchids on as well as a post about my kitten. I share nothing else. I can view a few Springfield Armory groups on FB and I can’t believe the stupid 💩 some of the people post on them.
I do have a LinkedIn page as well with an in depth work history because I’m proud of what I’ve done in my life however I did make the decision to not list my current position or company as of yet, all it says is currently working.
I agree with everything posted here, we have to be careful about what we say as the internet is forever.

I googled my name and lo and behold I'm on fb? I should say a person with my name and an executive director of some company. Another had me born in '38. I case your wondering I died last year.......according to google?

When I lived in Connecticut there were 6 other people that shared my name and we all lived in the same town. I used to work with one of them at the same company. 🤦‍♂️
On one of the ships I served aboard, there were two of us with the same last name and rate/rank, and same shop for awhile. It got confusing if they used the 1mc (shipwide speaker system) to call us to the quarterdeck or elsewhere. Both of us would always showup. Spent almost my entire four yrs on that ship going through that, until the last yr, where I got promoted and he didn't. The confusion finally stopped, lol.

In Will County Illinois the States Attorney was so hell bent on convicting a Bolingbrook cop for murder they made a hearsay law that finally put him in prison.
I don't know if it ever got used again, but if you ever say or wish harm would come to someone even if it was a tongue in check comment you could be in serious trouble if your comment came true.

Crook and will county are the worst in Illinois. I'd donate them to Gary Indiana if I was governor....

Coming at you from central Illinois.

On one of the ships I served aboard, there were two of us with the same last name and rate/rank, and same shop for awhile. It got confusing if they used the 1mc (shipwide speaker system) to call us to the quarterdeck or elsewhere. Both of us would always showup. Spent almost my entire four yrs on that ship going through that, until the last yr, where I got promoted and he didn't. The confusion finally stopped, lol.
My father was also in the navy and I remember him telling me while serving on the USS IOWA that he had two other shipmates that had the same name as he including first, middle and last.
I remember meeting both of them when they came to his memorial service. It was very memorable as well as emotional when they both introduced themselves to me at the same time following the service. The three of us spent over an hour talking about my dad, something I’ll never forget. Since that day both have passed and I made a point to also attend their services as well.

Back