testtest

What's that in your pocket? Does size matter?

Speaking of LCP II, I saw one advertised today at PSA for I think $350. Seems pretty high to me. Not that I want one. In fact I gave one away last year. Do not like them at all.

Speaking of LCP II, I saw one advertised today at PSA for I think $350. Seems pretty high to me. Not that I want one. In fact I gave one away last year. Do not like them at all.

Prior to the current boom, I saw the LCP II advertised in the $269-$299 range. Even at the big box stores I believe the regular price was $329 on the high end. I'll admit that the LCP II is a no-frills gun that will probably never be anyone's favorite range toy, but I've always liked it for what it was. My LCP II is a strictly defensive gun that is light, concealable, rugged, reliable, and affordable (or at least it was before prices went crazy this year).
I like having a carry gun that I don't worry about scratching or scuffing, and that won't break my heart if it ever has to be used and winds up in an evidence locker at the county courthouse for a few years. I'm not the type of person to try and insist that a gun is great just because I happen to like it, and will admit that the sights are minimal and the trigger is less than stellar. The sad thing is that both of those are vast improvements over the original LCP. In the end, the gun goes bang when I want it to, doesn't go bang when I don't want it to, and I've grown kinda fond of it.

A4FF0F91-8C74-48EC-A27E-55228BA70D19_1_201_a.jpeg

My daily pocket gun.

Prior to the current boom, I saw the LCP II advertised in the $269-$299 range. Even at the big box stores I believe the regular price was $329 on the high end. I'll admit that the LCP II is a no-frills gun that will probably never be anyone's favorite range toy, but I've always liked it for what it was. My LCP II is a strictly defensive gun that is light, concealable, rugged, reliable, and affordable (or at least it was before prices went crazy this year).
I like having a carry gun that I don't worry about scratching or scuffing, and that won't break my heart if it ever has to be used and winds up in an evidence locker at the county courthouse for a few years. I'm not the type of person to try and insist that a gun is great just because I happen to like it, and will admit that the sights are minimal and the trigger is less than stellar. The sad thing is that both of those are vast improvements over the original LCP. In the end, the gun goes bang when I want it to, doesn't go bang when I don't want it to, and I've grown kinda fond of it.
Plenty of people like it and I make no judgement as far as that is concerned. For me personally, the .40 Shield fits the bill as far as cheap, concealable in any situation and isn’t going to break my heart if something happens to it. I can and have concealed a Shield wearing shorts and a t-shirt. The trigger is miles better and the Shield is infinitely more accurate.

PSA used to sell the LCP 2 for right around $200.

First I rarely pocket carry my Sig P365 but when I do it is a DeSantis Super Fly.

Now about the "If it comes out I will shoot it" stuff. Our wonderful ex President Obama had the CDC do a survey for gun control that did not work out for him, it was in USA Today. They found that between 800,000 and 2,500,000X a year a gun was used for self defense, many times without firing a shot.

That brings me to my experience. Stopped at a stop sign I did not turn on red fast enough. I'm in a Camaro Conv. Behind me a large Denali pickup. We turn on to a 3 lane road me in the middle him in the left. He attempts to run me off the road screaming curses at me. He has a passenger, I move to the right lane but that lane ends so I move back to the middle. Again he tries to run me off almost hitting me still cursing. At this point I take out my H&K and put in on my lap. Now I am a lot lower so the passenger can easily see the gun. He stops cursing and trying to run me off the road. NO SHOTS FIRED. If he had kept at it the story would have been different.

Several examples of why a good pocket carry comes in handy.

- Former Gov. Perry of Tx had to shoot a coyote attacking his small dog while jogging a wooded path.

- recent Video of jogger in Utah fending off a large cat in the woods that faced off with him for 6 min and kept charging him.

it’s not always about being robbed.

I've jacket pocket carried, never pants pocket.

At distances of most gunfights, getting the lead dealing end of a self-defense handgun on a threat yesterday is of huge tactical concern.

Now, to clarify, what I've written applies to only me. If pants pocket carry works for others, then that's how they should carry.

Several examples of why a good pocket carry comes in handy.

- Former Gov. Perry of Tx had to shoot a coyote attacking his small dog while jogging a wooded path.

- recent Video of jogger in Utah fending off a large cat in the woods that faced off with him for 6 min and kept charging him.

it’s not always about being robbed.

Sir, you are absolutely right. When I am in remote Rocky Mountain areas fishing with my kids, I carry my Springfield Armory TRP .45 ACP for mean critter defense. I'm not worried about bipedal vermin. I'm worried about dangerous wild animals, mostly black bears and lions. Bears have unfathomable senses of smell. If we're covered with odors of freshly caught and released trout, a hungry bruin might mistake my kids for food. As their dad, it's my responsibility to assure they're never in danger. I carry my TRP to assure they're never in danger.

It my opinion, he Eastern Sierra of CA is more dangerous than the Rockies in terms of potential bear confrontation. I've seen far, far more bears in the Eastern Sierra than all Rocky Mountain States combined.

Southern CA has a substantial lion population. There are lions within 5 miles of my home.

Just to say it, pocket pistols just don't have the gravitas (and capacity or reliabiy) that a full sized pistol does when presented. Also, micro/sub compact pistols are hard to grip because they're so damn small.

I've concealed carried larger guns easily, like 1911s, even in the summer. With the right clothes/holsters it's not that hard.

Go big or go home, even concealed. Just my two cents.

Sir, you are absolutely correct. A full-size 1911-A1 in a quality holster affixed to a quality gun belt is extremely easy to carry concealed. In fact, a full-size 1911-A1 is as easy to conceal carry as a Colt Officer's Model, which was one of the reasons I sold my Officer's Model.

I have no clue of how many times I've slid a loaded and cocked-and-locked 1911-A1 in my waistband and have run into stop-and-robs late at night for quick shopping.

I pocket carry my S&W's 442-2, & 638-3 .38 SPL+P 5 shot Airweight's revolvers in Uncle Mike's or Sticky soft holsters.

I've carried up to 640 Pro in a Sticky, but I prefer it on my belt.

Have my 43C in my pocket in a Sticky right now; ran errands with it this morning (grocery, gas, and local coffee house for my bride's Sunday Mocha...).

Back