testtest

What's Your EDC, PLEASE VOTE

WHAT'S YOUR EDC, PLEASE VOTE

• Total voters
Currently my EDC is .45acp in a 1911. However, in the future it will be 10mm in my NEW handgun. Which brand of handgun you might ask? I haven't figured out what the name of my firearms manufacturing business will be or the model name yet. If you have any ideas for a name, let me know.
Here's what my NEW handgun will be:
polymer frame
scandium slide
compact
10mm or any other high pressure cartridge (.45super, .357sig, 9mm major, etc.)
novel recoil and gas operating system
striker fired
unusually low bore axis
proprietary trigger
fully adjustable pistol grip; replaceable side, backstrap panels and more
optics ready and more
modular dust cover

My NEW handgun will bring together two main trends in the firearm industry, lightweight materials and more powerful cartridges, into an easily carried EDC platform anyone can shoot.

Browning's recoil operating system, an undeniable masterpiece, can be and should be surpassed. It has served us all very well for over a 100 years. But I believe Browning is disappointed that nobody has yet moved the state of the art beyond his work. I'm prepared to take on that considerable challenge!

So your into blunt force trauma :unsure:

I carried an XD 45 of *some* flavor for close to 15 years. That ranged from a full-sized XD down to the XDS. Finally traded the XDS 45 for an XDS 9mm because the recoil was hurting my hand. But I also now carry a Glock 29 (10mm) on a regular basis, but the felt recoil of the 10mm in the Glock is much less than the 45 in the XDS. The G29 is fatter and I can get a full 3-finger grip with the Pearce extensions. Makes for nicer shooting.

I carried an XD 45 of *some* flavor for close to 15 years. That ranged from a full-sized XD down to the XDS. Finally traded the XDS 45 for an XDS 9mm because the recoil was hurting my hand. But I also now carry a Glock 29 (10mm) on a regular basis, but the felt recoil of the 10mm in the Glock is much less than the 45 in the XDS. The G29 is fatter and I can get a full 3-finger grip with the Pearce extensions. Makes for nicer shooting.
I have those same extensions on g21, g31, g20 and g40. I get +2 on the 45 and +3 in the 10. They've been good

That is a classic case of “finding what works for you” !

I have 2 .45ACP 1 FS and 1 CS. I got my firs 9mm modular style platform recently and like being able to go from full to mid to carry with just a few parts to swap. The .45 CS is heavier for sure due to the material of the frame but I love the way it shoots.

I was using the Hellcat for a bit, I’m just more comfortable carrying a revolver for CCW then a pistol, old school here, but when I first started carrying, I used a .357 mag in a S&W model 19, so I’m kinda used to one
Fellow old-schooler here. I carried a .357 on duty for many years before transitioning to semi-auto. I carry a semi auto 9mm now, but am perfectly comfortable with my old S&W Model 66. Not to be trifled with.

While I believe it is great to know as many operating systems as possible and also to be proficient with as many calibre's/manufacturers, I personally would not mix & match in EDC.

Question: How do you fella's train, have you ever had issues with knowing/remembering which piece you were wearing that day/hour and how frequently do you change pieces? Perhaps some swap EDC multiple times a day/week according to anticipated environment? How difficult is it to carry different calibre's/sizes/holsters in various positions and have the muscle memory under stress for response at any moment, and not to mention multiple calibre's of ammo to keep separated? I'd like to hear more about this; the reasons for it, and best way to proceed should I want to try it? Thanks, you members have a lot of know how.

I have many different platforms in the collection but: I have far too much a one track mind, or maybe I'm just simple, for all that variety iv carry guns. I pick one and train with it hard without switching around and if I do change start the training process anew. I do however have many different color boxer shorts.

I agree wholeheartedly with the two previous posts. I carry one gun, train as much and as varied as I can with that gun, and only that gun. If I claim to be using that gun for personal defense, why would I be so flippant as to mix n match. My life may depend on that training and that gun one day.

But hey, that's just me !!!(y)(y)(y)

I only pocket a gun on those occasions that it might be necessary. Those are very rare for me now, so I don't have an everyday carry gun choice. I daily choose not to. This is a quiet old neighborhood in a tiny little town where there has been one robbery attempt in the six years I lived here. The perp got shot dead by a pizza delivery man, whose name didn't make the paper. We don't tolerate no scalliwags hereabouts.
If I was a pizza man, I guess I'd carry something. :unsure: I'd carry my old .38 or my new Hellcat. I used to have a S&W .40 but it became a trade good and got sold down river.

All my carry guns are safety-less striker fired semi autos. I train with them all and none of them has disappointed me in training so I have no reason to believe they would disappoint me in a crisis. In fact I train relentlessly to assure that I won't disappoint myself, which is far more likely.

I also train hard with multiple shotguns. I have no doubt in my mind that I could and would deploy any of them with devastating effectiveness without missing a beat.

Back