testtest

What's Your Favorite Movies?

I love watching a lot of those old B&W movies too!

This maybe interesting:

Speaking of B&W movies, I used to love watching the Charlie Chan movies that starred Sidney Toler.

Speaking of B&W movies, I used to love watching the Charlie Chan movies that starred Sidney Toler.
Thin Man movies always good too!
1617112949590.jpeg

Fifth Element
What Dreams May Come
Arrival
Indiana Jones (Temple)
Star Wars (any but EP1)
Old School
Anchor Man
John Wick
Young Guns
Magnificent 7
Tombstone
Die Hard
Super Troopers
MIB
Batman (yep all of them)
Contact
Truman Show
Heat
Seven (Pitt/Freeman)
Interview w a Vampire
Half Baked
The Rock
Pirates of the Caribbean
Wag the Dog
50 first Dates

Just too many. Managing a movie theater for a decade was just too much fun.

That chicken is my spirit animal😅

Fifth Element
What Dreams May Come
Arrival
Indiana Jones (Temple)
Star Wars (any but EP1)
Old School
Anchor Man
John Wick
Young Guns
Magnificent 7
Tombstone
Die Hard
Super Troopers
MIB
Batman (yep all of them)
Contact
Truman Show
Heat
Seven (Pitt/Freeman)
Interview w a Vampire
Half Baked
The Rock
Pirates of the Caribbean
Wag the Dog
50 first Dates

Just too many. Managing a movie theater for a decade was just too much fun.

That chicken is my spirit animal😅

"Just too many. Managing a movie theater for a decade was just too much fun."

- Can easily imagine that one!

Worked at an old theater many years ago too. I try to keep up from time to time. Reels went to reels and platters to DVD's to online downloads for new releases. Loved the acoustics and sound systems! -Sight and sound go hand and hand with movies. The movie posters were generally fantastic pieces of art! Was fun stuff!

But, slowing down, 10 cent popcorn wasn't yesterday's prices either? Things keep a changing, speeding up too? .... Projector screens, from simple linen to whitewashed canvas to softer synthetic see through perforated types to what have heard is being worked on more recently, projecting movie imaging onto water and oil vapor. Some movies can actually project into 3D! Is pretty cool stuff!

I'm not one much to often care to see a movie over again, but one of the few that I will/have watched more than once was "Great White Hope". Story of pro boxer Jack Johnson back in the early days of pro boxing and how he and his World HW championship was treated. Starred James Earl Jones as Johnson ..... one of his all time best roles in my opinion.

I'm not one much to often care to see a movie over again, but one of the few that I will/have watched more than once was "Great White Hope". Story of pro boxer Jack Johnson back in the early days of pro boxing and how he and his World HW championship was treated. Starred James Earl Jones as Johnson ..... one of his all time best roles in my opinion.
Very good movie Jumpinjoe! Worth watching over and over.

I used to feel that way about movies too. Then, found out by re-watching some movies from time to time, found things missed 1st time around. - Especially with faster paced movies. Then, like almost any good book read when younger, perspectives and experience sometimes show books and movies in different light? Can be outright amazing sometimes! A 9 year old's comprehension and reading book "Combat" verses reading 30-40 years later, perspectives and meanings do change. Many movies to me are basically the same as books. -Usually movies are just more condensed than books.

Sometimes perspectives and meanings of movies or stories in general change when more is known especially when too "Disneyized" - "Modernized" or glorified from history's past too? For example: Disney took many old stories and molded them into more likeable stories. Grimm Bro's original story's were actually pretty grim and sometimes very gross! Most not really very likeable by today's society . Is likely where term something "grim" actually came from if remember right?
Simple old Snow White story? - There's well over 1000 versions of same story!

Dead Poet Society * * * Type of teaching we need.
Mrs. Doubtfire * * * * He reminds me of me and she reminds me of her.

Anything with Robin Williams
Robin Williams is/was usually almost always very good! - Those you listed were great!
I found Patch Adams very good too!

But, like all of us, he's had some lack luster stuff, but more than made up for it with others.

This may interest you? A movie called "Robin's Wish"

Back