testtest

What's Your Favorite Movies?

Robin Williams is/was usually almost always very good! - Those you listed were great!
I found Patch Adams very good too!

But, like all of us, he's had some lack luster stuff, but more than made up for it with others.

This may interest you? A movie called "Robin's Wish"

I once came across Robin playing an Evangelist, soooo funny! If anyone finds this video, please forward, I am unable to locate it.

Very good movie Jumpinjoe! Worth watching over and over.

I used to feel that way about movies too. Then, found out by re-watching some movies from time to time, found things missed 1st time around. - Especially with faster paced movies. Then, like almost any good book read when younger, perspectives and experience sometimes show books and movies in different light? Can be outright amazing sometimes! A 9 year old's comprehension and reading book "Combat" verses reading 30-40 years later, perspectives and meanings do change. Many movies to me are basically the same as books. -Usually movies are just more condensed than books.

Sometimes perspectives and meanings of movies or stories in general change when more is known especially when too "Disneyized" - "Modernized" or glorified from history's past too? For example: Disney took many old stories and molded them into more likeable stories. Grimm Bro's original story's were actually pretty grim and sometimes very gross! Most not really very likeable by today's society . Is likely where term something "grim" actually came from if remember right?
Simple old Snow White story? - There's well over 1000 versions of same story!
I'll occasionally sit through a certain movie for a second or + time, but it has to be a special one. There are a few, but not too many. "Apocalypse Now" comes to mind as one. "Gone With the Wind", "Godfather 1 & 2", "Great Escape", "Cool Hand Luke", "Big Country" and a few others.

A few nobody's probably ever heard of that I consider pretty unique are "Cat on Hot Tin Roof", "Baby Doll", "Wind Across the Everglades", "Nevada Smith", "Road to Perdition", "Hallelujah Trail". Some of these in the 2nd group are certainly not considered classics, but they each have a little something pretty unique about them.

Edit @ 9:30: to add these titles ....... "Night of the Hunter" and "Cape Fear" (original).

Last edited:
I'll occasionally sit through a certain movie for a second or + time, but it has to be a special one. There are a few, but not too many. "Apocalypse Now" comes to mind as one. "Gone With the Wind", "Godfather 1 & 2", "Great Escape", "Cool Hand Luke", "Big Country" and a few others.

A few nobody's probably ever heard of that I consider pretty unique are "Cat on Hot Tin Roof", "Baby Doll", "Wind Across the Everglades", "Nevada Smith", "Road to Perdition", "Hallelujah Trail". Some of these in the 2nd group are certainly not considered classics, but they each have a little something pretty unique about them.

Edit @ 9:30: to add these titles ....... "Night of the Hunter" and "Cape Fear" (original).
"Nevada Smith" is a good old Steve McQueen western, one of his best! Hadn't heard of "Wind Across the Everglades" before, watched a few clips, was surprised have seen most of cast members like Burl Ives, Christopher Plummer, Gypsy Rose Lee and some others in different movies over the years. Have to watch sometime!

"Road to Perdition" is one of my favorites! So is "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" - haven't watched that in years. - Was a biggie movie at time it was released. Remember watching most of "Baby Doll" one night long ago. "Hallelujah Trail" is hilarious! - Who knew Burt Lancaster could be so funny? Nope, not really classics, but very good movies!

And, yep, they are all special flicks that do have something to offer! The rest you mentioned are also very good! Including Robert Mitchum in "Night of the Hunter" and "Cape Fear" - He was a great actor. So was Gregory Peck.

I don’t know what movie you mean, but Awakenings was fantastic. So was The World According to Garp.
There was one movie Robin Williams flick where he preached. Possibly a brief skit somewhere along the line in one movie or another?

Some of his, if not all of them, rolled into other spontaneous skits so quick and so often, can be hard to pin down to specifics sometimes. His more comedic movies were great! One's were he deviated too much from that are sometimes very deep. Thinking he was trying to avoid being typecast? But, am also thinking it was too late for that. Understandably why can be complex. - Going by most very good comedians in public are also very depressed in private. Guessing sort of a balance?

"One Hour Photo" was one movie of his didn't really care for, had it's moments, but that's me.

Back