testtest

When to Say When…

I don't think anyone leaves the stock triggers in those guns. They suck.
I put the Gray Guns short reset system in the SK and it made a decent amount of difference. I don’t mind the trigger in the L and as I mentioned I’ve got the Gray Guns flat trigger coming for it. If that works out I’ll likely stick one in the SK. I love the look and feel of these guns particularly the SK because I think it looks like something from Blade Runner. I’m just used to putting my sights on the bull and hitting the bull or close to it, not 1-2 inches left of it. When I first got them I was barely on target so I’ve seen improvement it just doesn’t usually take me 500 rounds to get there. I appreciate everyone’s thoughtful input and I see @KillerFord1977 has replIes to most of the comments for me. Btw, I’d love to pay $150 a year and run around like one of the lost boys! Currently I have two memberships at indoor ranges that combined cost me over $1300 a year. So thanks again for the comments and not a single minion in sight!

I put the Gray Guns short reset system in the SK and it made a decent amount of difference. I don’t mind the trigger in the L and as I mentioned I’ve got the Gray Guns flat trigger coming for it. If that works out I’ll likely stick one in the SK. I love the look and feel of these guns particularly the SK because I think it looks like something from Blade Runner. I’m just used to putting my sights on the bull and hitting the bull or close to it, not 1-2 inches left of it. When I first got them I was barely on target so I’ve seen improvement it just doesn’t usually take me 500 rounds to get there. I appreciate everyone’s thoughtful input and I see @KillerFord1977 has replIes to most of the comments for me. Btw, I’d love to pay $150 a year and run around like one of the lost boys! Currently I have two memberships at indoor ranges that combined cost me over $1300 a year. So thanks again for the comments and not a single minion in sight!
1656183363447.gif

😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲

That's much cheaper than joining a country club to play golf. And to me a few hours at the range is a lot more satisfying. :)
Dude, it's 8 miles from my house on the backroads ( I live off the backroads.) It literally takes me 10 minutes to drive there. I have always had a 30 yard range in my back yard, but I haven't shot back there other than function testing for years now since I joined this club. I hate shooting indoors.

I gotta say, I have shot exactly two different P30Ls. One with a GG trigger and one stock. The GG felt and shot a lot like my VP9. When I put the sights on the bull, they hit the bull. I had no problems with the stock one either after I shot a few through it. You should not have to change your grip when shooting one that's for sure. It's hard to give any meaningful advice without having it in my hand and I don't have enough time behind one to know of any quirks or anything. @HansGruber certainly does though.

I gotta say, I have shot exactly two different P30Ls. One with a GG trigger and one stock. The GG felt and shot a lot like my VP9. When I put the sights on the bull, they hit the bull. I had no problems with the stock one either after I shot a few through it. You should not have to change your grip when shooting one that's for sure. It's hard to give any meaningful advice without having it in my hand and I don't have enough time behind one to know of any quirks or anything. @HansGruber certainly does though.
The huge, curved, incredibly long take up/slack on his 2 P30’s is a massive departure from a flat trigger with no slack at all we are used to shooting.
Just will take a fair amount of training/practice. I thought the SK was a bit too snappy for my liking

I’m sure I’ll get there eventually, I’m too obsessive to put them up for a while and try again later. I’m just vexed at the pulling left thing, which I know is me - I haven’t for one second thought the sights were off - but I think I’ve hit the limits of my own self teaching. I feel like I probably need an hour with an instructor to work on some dynamics.

I’m sure I’ll get there eventually, I’m too obsessive to put them up for a while and try again later. I’m just vexed at the pulling left thing, which I know is me - I haven’t for one second thought the sights were off - but I think I’ve hit the limits of my own self teaching. I feel like I probably need an hour with an instructor to work on some dynamics.
Lol, on my way……😬

I bill at $85 and hour 😏😜

The huge, curved, incredibly long take up/slack on his 2 P30’s is a massive departure from a flat trigger with no slack at all we are used to shooting.
Just will take a fair amount of training/practice. I thought the SK was a bit too snappy for my liking
There's always slack with a striker gun. And you should always take it up before settling on your sight picture for the trigger press.

That’s a tough one. Mastering a trigger you aren’t used to can be a challenge. I got a lot of different triggers over here. Tricky thing with long trigger resets, for me, almost always boils down to finger position on the trigger. For most semi auto handguns, I can use the same finger position. For some of the long trigger pulls like those you’d normally see in a DA revolver and poor SA/DA semi automatic triggers, it requires a different finger position. Likewise, very small frames require and even different position, my single action revolvers yet another.

At the end of the day, that optimal finger position on the trigger varies from gun to gun and also hand size to hand size. Not having the correct position can cause you to torque the gun at the final moment before the break. Too heavy of a trigger can cause your wrist to turn toward the trigger as a natural compensation for finger strength. Same can happen if your pull is toward the limit of your finger’s capable stroke. Some small frames are like that for me where if I use the pad of the end section of my finger like I normally would, I have a difficult time getting my finger pressed that far back toward the palm of my hand, requires me to curl my finger around the trigger and use the pad in the middle section of my finger instead of the end.

Some guns that have super heavy 9-10lb pulls, I have to adjust my grip strength between my hands.

When deciding to give up on one, it boils down to how much do you like the gun? If all else fails, adjusting trigger finger positioning doesn’t help and you really like the gun, try a wedge hold.

You may find a combination of the two a successful recipe.

Back