testtest

Where are the 4 inch 45apc?

I've got an XD Mod 2 .45ACP 4-inch which is a Cadillac of a handgun. I found it a bit heavy to carry concealed with a full 13+1 load out but it is my nightstand home defense weapon. I paired it with a Crimson Trace tac light. 14 rounds of .45ACP ready to go in case of a home break in or other emergency is comforting, and the XD Mod 2 is an absolute pleasure to shoot.

I've got an XD Mod 2 .45ACP 4-inch which is a Cadillac of a handgun. I found it a bit heavy to carry concealed with a full 13+1 load out but it is my nightstand home defense weapon.
I had a similar impression. I love shooting the Mod.2, but it just doesn't conceal well. I bought the Compact version, but I wasn't as accurate with it and it wasn't as fun to shoot. I'm hoping Springfield hasn't given up on the double-stack polymer 45's, because the 4" Mod.2 in .45 acp is such a great shooter.

I had a similar impression. I love shooting the Mod.2, but it just doesn't conceal well. I bought the Compact version, but I wasn't as accurate with it and it wasn't as fun to shoot. I'm hoping Springfield hasn't given up on the double-stack polymer 45's, because the 4" Mod.2 in .45 acp is such a great shooter.
I have the full size service model and it conceals very well in the right holster. I use a Clinger No Print Wonder (OWB). It disappears under an unbuttoned shirt or light jacket.

Who quit making them?

There's eight of the Rock Island Armory GI Standard MS 51417 models (4.25" barrel) on Gunbroker right now.

One vendor has seven at a Buy-it now-price of $549.95 + shipping & if you use a cc.

CA compliant

The last one is on a bidding line.

WOW! a CCP compliant 45. What a lucky find! Nearly every company IN America has sold out to the CCP.

Last edited:
I assume you are referring to the ( 13 rd.) XD Mod 2 4" service .45 ? For some inexplicable reason they discontinued the line. Shame since it's the best XD they make.
It is not that hard to figure out why they quit making thee best handgun ever make. America is being sold out.

Not everything, just this one thing.:ROFLMAO:

For the record I am as perplexed as he is about the decision to discontinue that line. It's the only SA firearm I own and it is a damn good one.
Firearm manufacturer’s make changes to their line up all the time just like vehicle manufacturer’s. I think we as consumers believe that what is very popular will last forever.

Not everything, just this one thing.:ROFLMAO:

For the record I am as perplexed as he is about the decision to discontinue that line. It's the only SA firearm I own and it is a damn good one.
Get a S&W Performance Center Shield (yes, I have one 😏), it’s a 4” barrel plus the extra capacity with nice fiber optic sights And a very good trigger. (I have 4 of the 3.1” Shields in different calibers too). I do know you like your Shield Bob.

Get a S&W Performance Center Shield (yes, I have one 😏), it’s a 4” barrel plus the extra capacity with nice fiber optic sights And a very good trigger. (I have 4 of the 3.1” Shields in different calibers too). I do know you like your Shield Bob.

I like both of my Shields. The little M2.0 .45 is very very accurate.

Well, considering that the XD always has been made in Croatia…seems you’re a little late to the party in that assessment.
Unfortunately, there are very few things in my house made in USA. I bet the Croatians have nice hand guns, wish they would share.

Get a Glock 30.

Boom.

Get a Glock 30.

Boom.

/endthread
I can not find any Glocks either, hope they are just sold out. I am waiting for my first Glock.

Back