testtest

Where to sell a musket

benstt

Professional
Founding Member
I have a replica 1861 Springfield musket I want to sell. I think I still have the bayonet to go with it and maybe a cartridge pouch. Any idea where a guy can sell those things? Ebay won't touch them, will craigslist? Old black powder arms seem to have different rules than modern arms, I'm hoping I can offload it fairly easy.

I am unsure if it’s a state or federal designation, but I can tell you in North Carolina they are considered primitive weapons and do not require a permit.
Perhaps someone can clear that up a little.
Gunbroker is good but fees are high. Also consider Armslist.

Some LGS will buy them or trade for other goods, some won't touch anything black powder, especially replicas. Could try a black powder chat site? Heard some have classified sections or allow selling to other members.

You might try listing it here, but you'll have to join the forum:

Are there any restrictions on selling on gunbroker? I have a hard time seeing anyone using a musket for a crime but I do want to protect myself.
You can sell, then you ship it to your winners FFL? We actually have someone who bought a crossbow, but the seller insisted in sending it to a dealer first. Muzzle loading black powder muskets are not firearms and do not require a background check. I even bought one of the Silencerco Suppressed muzzle loaders that has a real suppressor permanently attached. The loophole is that since the muzzle loader is not a firearm the suppressor is not a suppressor, same idea as Airguns with suppressors. But back to GB, you can specify that it has to be shipped to a local dealer.

Back