testtest

Which do you prefer…..

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Which do you prefer in a semi auto pistol, polymer or all metal. I like all metal myself, plus I am a big 1911 fan, but today’s polymers are the rage, plus there isn’t really many all metal pistols out there except the 1911, Sig Legions and a few others.

Last edited:
I second that. I carried a 10mm 1911 for a while. That was unpleasant compared to my VP40.
Well back in the day the only thing we had to carry were 1911s. I still do sometimes when circumstances allow and I am feeling like carrying some class, but not often. They are heavy, hard to conceal and only hold 8 rounds. I can carry a VP9 under an unbuttoned, button up shirt. Conceals very well in the holster I have and holds 18. Or I can carry an XD Mod 2 4" .45 under the same shirt. Again, conceals very well in the holster I have for it and it holds 14. And if I need to be more discrete I can carry a Shield .45 in a mini tuck.

I have no preference except for Ruger polymer guns. I had a P95 and I've never held a slicker pistol with dry hands. It was gone in within a month. I've tried several Rugers since that time they just do not feel right to my hand. My very first pistol was a P85 and I had it for decades and ran tens of thousands of rounds through it, it never missed a beat.
As long as the pistol is designed correctly and fits my had I'm good.

Which do you prefer in a semi auto pistol, polymer or all metal. I like all metal myself, plus I am a big 1911 fan, but today’s polymers are the rage, plus there isn’t really many all metal pistols out there except the 1911, Sig Legions and a few others.
Give me metal… they way i shoot, I’ll prob need it to whack my opponent over the head.
Seriously, I prefer steel. Plastic (yeah, that’s what it is guys) saves weight and presumably costs less, but look how many critical components are still metal: Barrel, slide, firing pin, springs, etc etc.

If it wasn’t for their widespread popularity - and there are good reasons for that - I’d almost say it was a gimmick…

I have no preference except for Ruger polymer guns. I had a P95 and I've never held a slicker pistol with dry hands. It was gone in within a month. I've tried several Rugers since that time they just do not feel right to my hand. My very first pistol was a P85 and I had it for decades and ran tens of thousands of rounds through it, it never missed a beat.
As long as the pistol is designed correctly and fits my had I'm good.
I am also not a fan of Ruger semi autos. Love their revolvers and I have 3 of them.

I have two all metal semi auto pistols. A Berretta M21 I bought for the wife, and a High Standard handed down to me from my Dad. I had a 1911 Colt Govt. I gifted my son in-law when he married my daughter (military air crew). Prefer my polymer pistols mainly as I practice most with them. Will replace 1911 some day, just haven't justified the expenditure yet. As for revolvers I have many (and many favorites). And one single shot that shoots like a rifle ;)

Somehow my collection is leaning decidedly toward all metal. I just added a CZ75B Omega. - all
metal and 17 rounds. I don’t have a beef with polymer pistols but I do like the weight of a metal pistol. My X5 Legion crosses the boundary because it’s got a tungsten infused frame and weighs 41oz while my alloy Pro Carry 2 only weighs 25oz.

I carry polymer for comfort purposes, but I prefer metal (steel or alloy) handguns at the range. I shoot Glocks and my EDC Sig P365 very accurately. I shoot my carry guns frequently, but my range sessions with those guns are a manner of discipline.

The guns that I shoot strictly for the enjoyment of shooting are my revolvers, my 1911's, and my Turkish CZ75 knock-offs. The all metal Canik/Tri-Star L120 and C-100 are amazingly accurate and smooth shooting.

If I could comfortably conceal an all metal.... i'd choose all metal. But like pretty much everyone here.. We carry poly because its typically smaller and easier to conceal. If I could find a way to conceal my Ronin the way I can my 365 XL... I'd have no use for the XL lol.

Back