testtest

Which stance do you use ?

Believe it or not, somewhere along the line in my half-century shooting career, I did learn an "isoscoles" long gun stance. :oops:

It involved putting the butt of the gun in the center of your chest and keeping the barrel perpendicular to your body as you looked over the barrel. There was supposedly some sort of advantage to this, but I don't remember what it was supposed to be.

So I've DONE it, but I don't remember where, or why, or any other details. I think maybe it had something to do with wearing body armor or a vest or something. You can tell it made a big impression on me. :LOL:
I knew I recognized you.

1704328866429.gif

What would you call this stance? As I recall, it worked pretty well for her. (I was kinda distracted by the juxtaposition of the red nails on the Evil Assault Rifle.)

BTW, that's my former boss, about 15 years ago. Ten minutes before, she asked me "Why would anyone want to own something like that?" Ten minutes later, she asked me, "Where can I get one of these?" :LOL:

1704330852470.jpeg

What would you call this stance? As I recall, it worked pretty well for her. (I was kinda distracted by the juxtaposition of the red nails on the Evil Assault Rifle.)

BTW, that's my former boss, about 15 years ago. Ten minutes before, she asked me "Why would anyone want to own something like that?" Ten minutes later, she asked me, "Where can I get one of these?" :LOL:

View attachment 50015
Funny thing, I saw this stance before.

I watched a 92 y.o., former competition shooter, at our range taking out the bullseye at 300 yard using this stance. He only used the iron sights on an old wood stock M1A, standing, with his weak side elbow laying across his stomach. An amazing shooter. Before his first shot though I was worried he was gonna go over backwards.

Funny thing, I saw this stance before.

I watched a 92 y.o., former competition shooter, at our range taking out the bullseye at 300 yard using this stance. He only used the iron sights on an old wood stock M1A, standing, with his weak side elbow laying across his stomach. An amazing shooter. Before his first shot though I was worried he was gonna go over backwards.
I believe it.

You can't see it in this pic, but she's got her feet nicely apart in a perfect wide stance. I remember I had to remind her to "Spread your feet a little" while gently kicking the insides of her pink Nikes apart with my old desert boots. She was a fast learner--I only had to do that about twice before she remembered to do it on her own. (She always thought she was the smartest person in any room. And you know what? A lot of the time, she was.) ;) :love:

Good article.

I personally prefer the Weaver for the reasons in the article, and others besides, but I recognize and respect that what works for ME doesn't necessarily mean that's the best way for EVERYBODY. There are many paths to the top of the mountain.

I also believe that two-handed pistol shooting is just one part of a well-rounded combat repertoire. The "complete shooter" should also be able to shoot one-handed, with either hand, and whether or not he or she can see the sights.

Yes, this all takes work. But what in life doesn't? ;)
I enjoy shooting from various positions/ stances.

View attachment 50015
For a light recoil rifle, it works pretty well.

Back