testtest

Which stance do you use ?

Don't forget to tuck also when rolling
IMG_2378.jpeg

Weaver. Never thought about isosceles. I was always told spread the feet and lean forward a little to control the recoil.

Maybe I'll try isosceles next trip to the range ... that will be tomorrow.
Don't be surprised if you "miss" more than normal. You're not really "missing," it's just a point of impact change caused by the different dynamics of the two stances.

This MIGHT happen to you, and it might NOT. Just be aware that it CAN happen, and don't be surprised or get upset if it does. ;)

Don't be surprised if you "miss" more than normal. You're not really "missing," it's just a point of impact change caused by the different dynamics of the two stances.

This MIGHT happen to you, and it might NOT. Just be aware that it CAN happen, and don't be surprised or get upset if it does. ;)
Thanks. Promise, I won't get upset. As I get older the eyes don't focus as well and the hands (fingers) aren't as nimble as they use to be, so bad shooting can happen on any day. 🙄 That doesn't mean I'm gonna stop shooting and trying new things anytime soon. 😎

I feel like an immobile statue in isosceles, I’ve tried it and I have disliked it. So generally weaver at the range, but I do try to train from various positions since me thinks in an SD situation my mind is not going to be thinking about what stance I am in. But that’s just like my opinion man.

Uh… you can’t hold a rifle in an isosceles stance. Not even you.

View attachment 50002
Believe it or not, somewhere along the line in my half-century shooting career, I did learn an "isoscoles" long gun stance. :oops:

It involved putting the butt of the gun in the center of your chest and keeping the barrel perpendicular to your body as you looked over the barrel. There was supposedly some sort of advantage to this, but I don't remember what it was supposed to be.

So I've DONE it, but I don't remember where, or why, or any other details. I think maybe it had something to do with wearing body armor or a vest or something. You can tell it made a big impression on me. :LOL:

Back