testtest

Who installs Apex in Hellcat?

DDLC

Alpha
I like my new Hellcat, but have experienced the trigger safety “issue.” Even though it’s apparently user error/issue, I understand that the new Apex trigger removes the chance of this occurring. I want to give it a try before moving on from the Hellcat.
The installation looks to be more than I want to tackle. I do not know any good gunsmiths in my area.
Who does the forum recommend I send it to for an install?

Try Springer Precision.

BTW - Unless there's a real, repeatable & tangible issue with the Hellcat's trigger vs. a personal preference for the way the Hellcat trigger feels let's not start ginning up a so-called trigger safety issue where it doesn't exist.

There's enough lawyers in the world that love to jump on stuff like this.

My .02

I like my new Hellcat, but have experienced the trigger safety “issue.” Even though it’s apparently user error/issue, I understand that the new Apex trigger removes the chance of this occurring. I want to give it a try before moving on from the Hellcat.
The installation looks to be more than I want to tackle. I do not know any good gunsmiths in my area.
Who does the forum recommend I send it to for an install?

Any competent Gunsmith should be able to install one of these. If you take it to anybody, "politely" insist they watch the install video we made to assure that they do it the way we recommend and "politely" Demand they call Apex if they have any questions or issues with install.

I bought one last week it came in. I took it to my range where they have gunsmithing services and installed for about 50 dollars. I did mention to them the video from Apex. Not sure if he watched it but it is so nice. I did not have any issues with the original trigger but I will say this has a really clean break at the wall and reset is almost immediate. Seriously I was making better groups right out of the gate and I was busy with 3 firearms . One just repaired and one rented. Anyway I really recommend it as it made me feel every move I made. Crisp and clean

so I think it’s worth going for but I never had that trigger issue. I’ve been on forums for years. Believe 25 percent of what you read

Thanks, that’s great to hear! I’ve experienced the issue, but am willing to concede that it’s my trigger pull, which I could likely train out of. However, since I’ve never experienced it on any other pistol, including my XDs 9, nor my XDM .45, I’m not interested in training out of it. I’ve ordered the Apex and will be happy with the resolution I’m sure.

Try Springer Precision.

BTW - Unless there's a real, repeatable & tangible issue with the Hellcat's trigger vs. a personal preference for the way the Hellcat trigger feels let's not start ginning up a so-called trigger safety issue where it doesn't exist.

There's enough lawyers in the world that love to jump on stuff like this.

My .02
You are so correct. When I worked for Mossberg and we received a gun in for service and the gun was found to have modifications/changes to any part of the gun the gun owner was contacted and told that servicing the gun would include returning the gun to include factory installed parts at the owners cost, if that was unacceptable the gun was returned at the owners cost un-serviced. This was done to eliminate any liability on Mossberg if that gun ever malfunctioned after servicing.
Recently there was a thread posted by @KLGunner called
“What You Post and Where” it brought to the for-front the dangers of saying or posting online things that you would/may do in certain situations and how a really good prosecutor/defense lawyer could access that and use it against you. That being said I don’t own a HellCat so I have no dog in this hunt and although I’ve read all the threads and post on the HellCat trigger issues that many are referring to and yes everyone has the right to modify there firearms just keep in mind if that modified firearm is ever used in a self defensive situation then changes to a gun part that has a safety feature could work against you in today’s litigious society. My opinion.

Last edited:
Agree if it’s happening to you than I agree I would not try to train out of it. Easier to train into something. Plus under stress is where it may actually happen.

In the two posts that have brought up this so-called "issue", I have yet so see a clear explanation of what the "issue" is.

If it's the "squishiness" characteristic of all striker-fired pistols, in one way or another, it comes with the territory.

The aftermarket is there to tighten up the "feel" - reset & take-up, but that is what you get used to, get a aftermarket trigger, or get another gun that feels better.

Don't label it a "safety" issue.

My .02

In the two posts that have brought up this so-called "issue", I have yet so see a clear explanation of what the "issue" is.

If it's the "squishiness" characteristic of all striker-fired pistols, in one way or another, it comes with the territory.

The aftermarket is there to tighten up the "feel" - reset & take-up, but that is what you get used to, get a aftermarket trigger, or get another gun that feels better.

Don't label it a "safety" issue.

My .02
Sorry, I thought everyone on this forum would be aware of the reports all over the web of the trigger safety binding with lateral pressure and making the trigger impossible to pull back on the Hellcat. By safety issue, I was referring to the trigger safety.

Not sure I'd call that a safety recall kind of thing because you really have to induce it by bad placement. I have no comment either way on it but I did see them before I bought my Hellcat. Never happened to me and not the reason I bought the Apex which I bought more on a look and performance level and I'm really happy I did

IMO putting lateral pressure on the trigger is a direct operator error based on grip placement & trigger control, or indirectly in order to cause this characteristic.

One must adapt to any firearm because they're all different.

Sorry, I thought everyone on this forum would be aware of the reports all over the web of the trigger safety binding with lateral pressure and making the trigger impossible to pull back on the Hellcat. By safety issue, I was referring to the trigger safety.

Understand. Enjoy your Hellcat.

I am neither pro or con on the "issue". However, when you pull the trigger on any gun it should go bang. I don't expect anything less.

I just tried to replicate the "issue" on my non-OSP Hellcat and failed make it happen, with continuous lateral pressure on both sides.

The design & size of the Hellcat makes it easy to get easy access for a trigger finger.

I don't see how a OSP Hellcat should be different since the different sight options have no connection with the FCG.

That's my experience & and my Hellcat goes bang every time.

IMO putting lateral pressure on the trigger is a direct operator error based on grip placement & trigger control, or indirectly in order to cause this characteristic.

One must adapt to any firearm because they're all different.

This. The videos that are out are intentional. Firearms are mechanical. If you put enough pressure up on the hammer of a DA revolver and try to press the trigger it won’t fire. Sounds stupid but it’s true. The trigger is designed to be pressed rearward.

Back