testtest

Why Ayoob Likes the XD-S

Based upon my extremely positive experiences with Springfield Armory's 1911-A1s, if I were to buy a striker fired handgun, it would be a SA based upon my personal SA experiences, not a gun writer's opinion. Direct experience is tough to beat.

I have the XDs Mod.2 in .45 ACP and 9mm. The .45 is a great gun, but the 9mm with the 8-round magazine is a perfect fit for my hand and gives me an additional 2 rounds. I respect Ayoob's opinions, and may have to give the 45 a little more range time. I may be putting too much stress on the capacity factor. There aren't a lot of possible threats out there that can't be stopped with 7 well-placed .45 ACP rounds.

I've owned the original XDs .45 for several years now. I love the little gun and we go for trips out of the house on all but the hottest of summer days. I did have a spring and sear kit installed and it now has a much nicer trigger.

I have the XDs Mod.2 in .45 ACP and 9mm. The .45 is a great gun, but the 9mm with the 8-round magazine is a perfect fit for my hand and gives me an additional 2 rounds. I respect Ayoob's opinions, and may have to give the 45 a little more range time. I may be putting too much stress on the capacity factor. There aren't a lot of possible threats out there that can't be stopped with 7 well-placed .45 ACP rounds.
I agree with your take on the .45 ACP. My fear is confronting more than one threat. That's why I prefer a 1911-A1 .45 ACP. The less time I have to focus on one threat the greater my probability of survival, which ain't good with two armed threats. Hightailing it to the next county would be my primary thought...assuming I were able.

That is a good reason to carry more than one gun. :cool:

Back