testtest

Why I Carry with an Empty Chamber — Should You?

I'll go along with some getting their rights back but a violent person convicted of robbery or any assault with or without a gun. should never get permission to own a gun legally again. i'll throw rapist and pedophiles in there too. i think they should get sentences like murderers.
Robbery ? So a kid breaking into a house to steal a playstation when he's 17 should never be able to own a gun ? Stealing from convenience stores is robbery. I don't condone that behavior obviously, but I don't think it rises to the level of taking away someone's constitutionally protected natural rights. Assault ? I got into a fistfight I didn't start and F'ed the guy up pretty good. Got charged with assault. In fact as a teenager I was charged with assault a few times over fistfights. And more than once I didn't throw the first punch. Now armed robbery or Armed criminal action or rape or child abuse, yeah, throw away the key man. If someone is safe enough to be unleashed on society taking their legal rights away from them isn't going to keep them from getting anything. Except a job.

FWIW, the latest trend of mob "shoplifting" is not just shoplifting or just theft. It's organized crime burglary at the least. Thugs know that liberal prosecutors won't prosecute to the "letter of the law". Millions of dollars lost every year, consumers pay higher costs and businesses shut down, employees lose their jobs.

Prosecutors could apply burglary or even robbery to the mob violence when an organized gang come into an occupied store and threatening security, management and customers, steal thousands of dollars of merchandise, then sell it. That's money laundering, where RICO could even apply.

Did we come to a consensus on this yet?

iu

I understand where you're coming from But Horse cookies. "The criminal mindset" is I want what I want and am willing to take it. Burglary or armed robbery don't mean a thing to them. It's just what happens at the time.
I live in a place where the sheriff suggests if you shoot the burglars it saves taxpayers money. I agree with the sheriff. But unless he uses force like a home invasion, I won't put a burglar in the same category as an armed robber. But, I will carry my 1911 locked and cocked with a round in the chamber in the event I encounter either one.😉

I live in a place where the sheriff suggests if you shoot the burglars it saves taxpayers money. I agree with the sheriff. But unless he uses force like a home invasion, I won't put a burglar in the same category as an armed robber. But, I will carry my 1911 locked and cocked with a round in the chamber in the event I encounter either one.😉
If I didn't know better, I'd think you live in NW FL...

Oh…so you say there’s no difference between carrying chambered & unchambered?

View attachment 50035

From Brownells.

When time dilation sets in, that half second is a gorram ETERNITY.

And if you don’t know what that’s like…you’ve never really been under stress.

Exactly. Now let's all agree that if you are using a handgun in self-defense, you are likely reacting to a threat, and therefore already "playing catch up." Why would you do something that slows that process down?

Back