testtest

Why Polymer Pistols are the Future of Handguns

Nice article. 1911 and most CZ’s give me steel. RIA I think made a polymer 1911?? No thank you. AR mags. Magpul has got it going on compared to the metal mags. They have more resistance under certain conditions. You get a dent in a metal mag, it’s more than likely decommissioned. SA, Glock, Sig ect. The polymer is really tough and forgiving.

RIA didn’t—Rock River made a polymer 1911 (among a few others).

And given some of the surface treatments available (Melonite/Nitride, NP3, Black-T, etc)...steel has a very, very long life expectancy.

And the key word is "QUALITY" steel.

I don't foresee any issues with my XDs, though - all the "moving" parts are steel, and the slide moves on metal rails. The polymer frame simply holds dowel pins that locate the trigger mechanism, and mag guides/release buttons.
On my XDm and XD service models, the slide only rides on metal rail on the locking block, rear of slide just rides on polymer rail.

My XD-s 3.3 9mm (and I cleaned it last night after some practice shooting, so even MY addled memory knows this!) has four rail-tabs - two forward of the mag, and two at the rear. A half-drop of lube on each tab after cleaning, and the slide runs and racks nice and smooth and easy.

My XD-s 3.3 9mm (and I cleaned it last night after some practice shooting, so even MY addled memory knows this!) has four rail-tabs - two forward of the mag, and two at the rear. A half-drop of lube on each tab after cleaning, and the slide runs and racks nice and smooth and easy.
Yea, but the two tabs in the rear are part of the polymer frame, only the front tabs are metal, part of the locking block. But yea, four tabs. They don’t need much lubricant to run.

RIA didn’t—Rock River made a polymer 1911 (among a few others).

And given some of the surface treatments available (Melonite/Nitride, NP3, Black-T, etc)...steel has a very, very long life expectancy.
Rock River, thank you. I’m just saying I like my 1911’s steel or aluminum, for carry. As for the treatments in regards to what you mentioned some of the industry leaders. I am a big fan of those. DW duty treat is one of my favorite.

Cool, on the XDs, they may be metal, but on full size, they are polymer. I really never paid much attention when I had my XDs, good to know.

Ain't nuttin neeto bout it!
3E79E799-DA65-4A9E-BC14-BAC33C161719.jpeg

This is Annihilator’s true form, he has many outfits to blend in with humans, we all should be very afraid. 😬😎😂😂

Back