testtest

Why The Most Important Part of Being Armed is Being Armed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

If your mindset is “I have to kill them” instead of “I just have to stop them”...and you follow through after they stop being a threat...you’re probably going down for it.

Absolutely. The goal is always to immediately stop the threat. Period. Sometimes that means running. Sometimes it means emptying a mag in someone's chest.

Exactly.

If your mindset is “I have to kill them” instead of “I just have to stop them”...and you follow through after they stop being a threat...you’re probably going down for it.

Exactly! Well said Hans! Once the threat is stopped, you're done. Any further action on your part, unless your are in immediate danger of serious bodily injury or death, opens up a world of legal trouble.

Well, I will kindly disagree on a few points here, one, I was taught that if your in a life and death situation and you have to shoot, it’s best NOT TO WOUND the assailant, but to END it there. That is how my CCW class taught us, which before you say I was taught wrong, my instructors were both highly trained sheriff deputies, and class was taught were I worked at, the Sheriff’s dept. And when it comes to caliber choice, shot placement will overcome smaller less powerful cartridges. I rather have any gun, caliber then to have no gun at all.
Good Morning Annihilator,

I'm good. If you're comfortable with your training, respond consistently with it.

However, Annihilator, you might want to keep In mind that you could kill your attacker with a center mass hit, yet he'll live long enough to take you with him.

My objective is to stop incoming rounds yesterday. Absent a CNS hit, it's a difficult objective to effect.

I can tell you that destruction of a gun hand shoulder joint will immediately terminate inbound rounds. My money's on 230 grains of .45 ACP bullet to a knee will do the same; however, a bad guy might retain possession of his firearm. Hence a lucky knee hit must be followed by running the heck outta an arena.

I was trained and trained ad infinitum to stop inbound rounds. We were trained to do that with center mass hits. However, it was not exclusive. At bad breath distance, center mass hits will not prevent a bad guy from putting rounds on you before he goes horizontal. It takes a very long time for a bad guy's blood pressure to hit zero.

"You shoot to stop the threat". How you perceive that is up to you and your conscience. That said making comments on a public board like "Dead men can't talk" and "Shoot to kill" is stupid and if you can't figure out why then maybe you should put your gun in a safe.

My opinion? If ever, and I hope I NEVER have to pull my gun on anyone - but if I do - I am going to shoot for center mass/kill zone. Until the threat is stopped. If the attacker is alive and down and has no more gun or cannot attack me any more, I am not going to dump rounds into him. But if and when I shoot an attacker, it will be to kill or until I am no longer under threat. If you NEED to shoot an attacker, you need to be decisive and act, but act for the RIGHT REASONS.

My opinion? If ever, and I hope I NEVER have to pull my gun on anyone - but if I do - I am going to shoot for center mass/kill zone. Until the threat is stopped. If the attacker is alive and down and has no more gun or cannot attack me any more, I am not going to dump rounds into him. But if and when I shoot an attacker, it will be to kill or until I am no longer under threat. If you NEED to shoot an attacker, you need to be decisive and act, but act for the RIGHT REASONS.

Don't say you are shooting to kill. You shoot to stop the threat . If that threat dies , it wasn't your intention to kill him/her/it , it was just to stop them from harming you.
I don't want to kill anyone ever but I will do what I have to do to stop them from causing me or mine harm. If they live then they can stand trial for their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back