testtest

Why Trigger Press Matters

This is why dry firing is so very important. We all have different sized hands and fingers, which in turn means that a one sized fits all approach is not the most effective way to teach trigger press.

The author is correct in being able to manipulate the trigger without ruining your sight picture is vital. Where I disagree is what part of your finger to use. I think it varies person to person and you have to find what works for you. Hence the dry firing.

Disclaimer: I didn't watch the video and if he discusses it in in there I apologize.

This is why dry firing is so very important. We all have different sized hands and fingers, which in turn means that a one sized fits all approach is not the most effective way to teach trigger press.

The author is correct in being able to manipulate the trigger without ruining your sight picture is vital. Where I disagree is what part of your finger to use. I think it varies person to person and you have to find what works for you. Hence the dry firing.

Disclaimer: I didn't watch the video and if he discusses it in in there I apologize.
He did discuss what part of your finger -- the pad. That is the way I was taught back in the dinosaur days,but I have seen some who recommend using the first joint. Dry fire practice is very important.

He did discuss what part of your finger -- the pad. That is the way I was taught back in the dinosaur days,but I have seen some who recommend using the first joint. Dry fire practice is very important.
I just think it varies person to person. Dry fire is where an individual can figure this out and test different placements.

I have a brand new from last week Springfield Armory 1911 Mil Spec defend your legacy model. Base model 1911.

i own a Sig Legion P220 .45 that acquired a month ago.

Trigger pull and muscle memory on the Sig have been a constant struggle and i do not have it mastered yet. Getting there and have figured out what I am doing wrong, but the SA 1911 was different story.

I shot bulleye’s out of the box on the first 3 mags on the SA 1911 Mil Spec at 7yards.

My $500 gun was easier than my $1000 gun 😉

Goes to show that skills and trigger pull are something that must always be refined and worked upon

I agree wholeheartedly.

I am apparently learning a bad habit with my XDs. Either that, or I need to get further into the pistol during my cleanings. Last time at the range, my finger wasn't releasing far enough to allow a reset. Not every shot, but often enough that I thought to myself "self...you better pay attention to what you're doing!". I was releasing past the wall, but not far enough to get the gun to reset.

Other than that new habit, though, I've been able to stay very consistent with my trigger pull and finger placement. When I don't...I can see the results!

I must also say I own 4 other Sigs, some for 20+ years, so I am used to them, but trigger press and so forth has been my nemesis... practice and taking my time to not think this is like my other guns is whats in store

What varies person-to-person is how efficiently and properly the hand fits the pistol. Personally, I have observed (and corrected) that incorrect trigger finger reach will result in missed targets.

Back