testtest

Why Was Hip Shooting Ever A Thing?

Hip shooting, if it's good enough for Bill Jordan, it's good enough for me .

View attachment 55222
Bill Jordan lived to the ripe old age of 86 and AFAIK never went to prison, so whatever he was doing worked FOR HIM. Let us remember that he was, among many other things, the product of a much different time. ;)

ETA: For those who have never read N2PW and would like to, you can download a free PDF here:

Last edited:
I’m pretty fair with a stick bow, and snap shooting a scattergun on quail or pheasant. I’ve still got a fair piece to go to master hip shooting though. When I run drills I’ll get several good hits in a row, then score a few misses in a row. No pattern I’ve found yet😏
Hint from someone who learned and used hip shooting in real life: Buy and practice with a CO2 powered BB pistol. Much cheaper and it offers many more places to practice.

I haven't tried it yet, but I have a buddy who swears by these new laser targets.

Hint from someone who learned and used hip shooting in real life: Buy and practice with a CO2 powered BB pistol. Much cheaper and it offers many more places to practice.

I haven't tried it yet, but I have a buddy who swears by these new laser targets.
1712098484196.jpeg

1712098673949.jpeg

Bill Jordan lived to the ripe old age of 86 and AFAIK never went to prison, so whatever he was doing worked FOR HIM. Let us remember that he was, among many other things, the product of a much different time. ;)

ETA: For those who have never read N2PW and would like to, you can download a free PDF here:

Thanks for the link. I fell asleep reading it last night. Very cool.

Thanks for the link. I fell asleep reading it last night. Very cool.
Glad you enjoyed it. It really is a "time capsule" look at a different age, isn't it?

Another great time capsule of the era is Chic Gaylord's Handgunner's Guide. Well worth reading.

1712146116576.png

Back