testtest

Winchester Deer Season XP: Best Long-Range Hunting Round?

I have been trying to find a factory hunting cartridge that my new 6.5 creedmoor waypoint likes. In my first range days I have tried several and I thought the hornady precision 147 eldx was the one, so I stocked up on 10 boxes when I saw availability. Unfortunately I can only get 1.5 MOA. I do get .75 with the Match 140 eld but I wanted a round to use for Elk. I have a Leupold CDS scope and I was hoping to find the perfect round to have my CDS turret designed for that cartridge. Does anyone have this gun and a round it likes? I might have to reload but that means investing in equip and learning how. Thanks

I have been trying to find a factory hunting cartridge that my new 6.5 creedmoor waypoint likes. In my first range days I have tried several and I thought the hornady precision 147 eldx was the one, so I stocked up on 10 boxes when I saw availability. Unfortunately I can only get 1.5 MOA. I do get .75 with the Match 140 eld but I wanted a round to use for Elk. I have a Leupold CDS scope and I was hoping to find the perfect round to have my CDS turret designed for that cartridge. Does anyone have this gun and a round it likes? I might have to reload but that means investing in equip and learning how. Thanks
Guess what?

My rifle—exact same model as yours—may like one round (or one particular load), while yours likes another.

So the secret is to find out what your rifle likes and run with it.

Back