testtest

Woefully underarmed

I also hate that most new guns have to have extended mags to get any attention. What ever happened to marksmanship!
17 rds = 17 dead guys😝

My .2cents is a revolver is a bigger intimidation factor to folks cause they are foreign to them and look “serious” compared to a 9mm.
Revolvers get the job done. Always have.
Lots of combat pilots still prefer a Revolver

This morning A nice young man in the next shooting lane informed me that I was woefully underarmed for what is "out there" with my SW 60 and Browning 1911 i was shooting. He said I needed something that held at least 15 rounds of at least 9mm. Then he emphasized his point by placing all 17 of his rounds in or near a full body torsoe target at 20 yards. I was suitably impressed and told him I would give it the consideration it warranted.

Oh my prettys I shall miss you.. not.

View attachment 36241

View attachment 36242
With a 10 rd .45 mag + one up the pipe, plus the six in the revolver for a NY reload you'll have 17.

This morning A nice young man in the next shooting lane informed me that I was woefully underarmed for what is "out there" with my SW 60 and Browning 1911 i was shooting. He said I needed something that held at least 15 rounds of at least 9mm. Then he emphasized his point by placing all 17 of his rounds in or near a full body torsoe target at 20 yards. I was suitably impressed and told him I would give it the consideration it warranted.

View attachment 36241

View attachment 36242
Always appreciative of those that feel the need to interrupt my activity (private time) to impart knowledge and guidance concerning my choices/behavior. I would thanked the individual for making me aware of other choices.

View attachment 36241

View attachment 36242
"or near"? Or Near's a dog that just ain't gonna hunt! Also, I myself definitely wouldn't be putting that 1911 on the back burner! No sir! I'll say that much! Me? I'd always have a spot for it at the ready!👍 One way or another!

Last edited:
“… he emphasized his point by placing all 17 of his rounds in or near a full body torsoe target at 20 yards.”

When I was a young, new shooter I made a similar assertion to my grouping. My old timer buddy nonchalantly placed 1 round to the head of his target silhouette and told me ‘to shoot a dead bad guy more than once is wasting ammo’.
🤣🤣🤣 Oh man! I love it! 🤣🤣 Good on ya! 👍

I wouldn’t think of saying something like that to someone I don’t know.
I said something like that to somebody when I was a kid. The guy turned around and knocked me on my ass. I learned my lesson.

Not sure if I wouldn’t have a few choice words in response to someone I don’t know saying something like that to me.
Generally I just responded with "Good to know." and go on about my business

Underarmed so he reckons? Ask him to hold a target for you standing behind it see how he gets on,doesn't matter what you shoot someone with as long as its in the right place

Of course shot placement is of utmost importance in any encounter, but you need to keep in mind that modern feral predators tend to run in packs, so having a higher capacity firearm or one that is easy to reload quickly is not a bad idea. Having a good friend at your side that is well armed is also a great idea...

Fill'er up.jpg

I agree with the need for more ammo availability, but based on my younger days, I think a single shot gun improves your marksmanship!

If Sid had turned back around towards the range and put 5 or 6 shots through the bullseye at 25 yards that could be covered with a silver dollar he could have turned back around and told the young guy “I believe I am well armed! :). That would have been a great lesson about judging other people’s decisions!

Having a gun that puts the bullets where you aim is important for sure! So is being sure the person pulling the trigger does the gun justice! Terrible when the shooter doesn’t hold up their end of the bargain. :)

Back