testtest

Wood Grips

EMP FDE (2).jpg
The FDE Cerakote was completed yesterday. I have Indian Ebony custom wood grips on the way.

My Springfield 1911 RO came with wood grips but here is my question.
If I wanted to change them out besides listing my gun model what do I need to note (Look for) so I get something that “fits” my gun like the original equipment?

I just bought a Range Officer Elite target and absolutely love it! I do however plan to change the grips to some wood ones as I love the look. I was looking at Hogue and was curious if anyone had experience with them or any other brands. Any suggestions or pictures would be much appreciated, thanks!
Here is a link to the Walnut grips sold by Springfield Armory.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200214-080128.png
    Screenshot_20200214-080128.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 229
Thank you.
A couple I looked at looked sweet but the description said compact. I don’t have a compact 1911??
Yes, I overlooked that. Sorry. But perhaps call them and see if they have a set for your 1911? You never know they might have a set. And the price would be right if they do.

My Springfield 1911 RO came with wood grips but here is my question.
If I wanted to change them out besides listing my gun model what do I need to note (Look for) so I get something that “fits” my gun like the original equipment?
I went to VZGrips.com to get G10 grips for my SA TRP 1911 10mm and my CZ 75B handguns. Using this site as an example, they have several different make/models to chose from (1911, CZ 75, Beretta 92, etc). You then select the grips you like for that handgun make, and it will fit it. The selection is a bit limited to "well known" handgun models. I'm always checking back to see if they make G10 grips for my CZ 75 RAMI BD, with no luck to date. Again, this is just an example, I'm sure there are other sites that offer similar grips for different model handguns in much the same way. It looks like the 1911 pistols (regardless of make), have a universal frame that all (or most) 1911 type grips will fit. I hope I understood your question, if not and you were asking something else, my apologizes. I hope this does help, if that is what you were seeking.

Back