testtest

Would you accept this?

I’d call SA, or the dealer, and send them the photos then ask for a discount or a replacement tube. I wouldn’t send that AR back (due to the current ‘climate’)... my AR would need to straight up fail / not function for me to send it back in late 2020.
That's great advice because a lot of companies are working with a skeleton crew because of Covid and may not get to your issue for an extended period of time.

That's great advice because a lot of companies are working with a skeleton crew because of Covid and may not get to your issue for an extended period of time.

Yup that’s what I’m thinking. I’ve got my first AR coming next week... if it arrives like Ms Melissa’s, I’m going to ask my dealer for a discount or a free upgrade item (or something) but I ain’t gonna tell them to keep the AR. They waited 5 months to get those guns in stock. I can’t wait for another X amount of weeks for them to get to a repair/replacement UNLESS I had another AR in my safe. These are strange times.

Yup that’s what I’m thinking. I’ve got my first AR coming next week... if it arrives like Ms Melissa’s, I’m going to ask my dealer for a discount or a free upgrade item (or something) but I ain’t gonna tell them to keep the AR. They waited 5 months to get those guns in stock. I can’t wait for another X amount of weeks for them to get to a repair/replacement UNLESS I had another AR in my safe. These are strange times.
Welcome to the AR club and also to the forum! You'll find a really decent group of respectable members here.

Welcome to the AR club and also to the forum! You'll find a really decent group of respectable members here.

Thanks! This will be my first SA firearm and my first AR. I’ve already got some accessories for it but I don’t know much about the AR platform. I’m not looking forward to sighting it in but I thank God for YouTube videos.

If it was me and it was NIB, I’d expect a clean one. I’m super anal about that sort of thing. Ok you’re going to get it marked up at the range, but those are your battle scars - that’s different. If I got a NIB 1911 with an idiot scratch on it I wouldn’t be thinking, well heck, I was probably going to end up doing that anyway. If I have to have an idiot scratch then this idiot is going to make it, not some other dumb-ass.

I don’t know if Springfield would send a replacement tube or not. It just bugs me. I left work early to go pick this up. Was so excited last night I couldn’t sleep and it’s all I thought about at work as I watched the clock like a kid and then it looks like this. If times were good, I wouldn’t take it. My Springfield 1911 was perfect out of the box. I’m guessing the stock has a burr place or something that made the scratch. If I pass, I don’t know when I’ll find another. ☹
I hear ya. My thought is, if it has a scratch I want to be the one who put it there.

Well, I put took the rifle home. I hate the scratches. I hate it. I don’t think it should have come from the factory that way, but I don’t know when I would be able to find another Saint Victor. I would have liked it to be a happier buying experience. They didn’t give me a discount because of the scratched up buffer tube. Basically they figured they’d put it on the rack and sell it in 5 minutes, which they would.

My buddy actually helped me make up my mind. I called him and told him about the scratches and he said ARs are like a hammer. They’re a tool. You use them and they get scratched up and that’s ok. They’re not going to look like your other guns. (I just would have preferred to do the scratching myself). I’ll feel better once I get it on the range this weekend and shoot what little bit of ammo I have squirreled away while waiting to get this thing shipped.

Sorry to whine about scratched guns. Thanks for listening though. 👍

Well, I put took the rifle home. I hate the scratches. I hate it. I don’t think it should have come from the factory that way, but I don’t know when I would be able to find another Saint Victor. I would have liked it to be a happier buying experience. They didn’t give me a discount because of the scratched up buffer tube. Basically they figured they’d put it on the rack and sell it in 5 minutes, which they would.

My buddy actually helped me make up my mind. I called him and told him about the scratches and he said ARs are like a hammer. They’re a tool. You use them and they get scratched up and that’s ok. They’re not going to look like your other guns. (I just would have preferred to do the scratching myself). I’ll feel better once I get it on the range this weekend and shoot what little bit of ammo I have squirreled away while waiting to get this thing shipped.

I would still contact SA and see what they have to say about it. They might give you some extras for the trouble. Who knows. All they can say is no. ;)

You have nothing to be sorry about that’s what this forum and everyone on it is here for. You definitely have a valid point.
shoot your gun and as @HansGruber mentioned look around to maybe having it coated/re-finished.

If you didn’t buy the person behind you would. Take the stock off shine a light in the stock and see if you see any rough edges. At best SA could send you a new stock/buffer tube with you sending in photos. I don’t see anyone getting discounts on anything now. Function, won’t hurt it a bit. Did you rub it with your finger? Was it rough or did it wipe off? I see where your coming from, as I’m that way with my firearms but a buffer tube is a very inexpensive part and you could get a MagPul CTS stock which would be an upgrade, it will lock on the buffer tube and take out any “rattle”

Thanks! This will be my first SA firearm and my first AR. I’ve already got some accessories for it but I don’t know much about the AR platform. I’m not looking forward to sighting it in but I thank God for YouTube videos.

You'll be fine. I got my first AR about a month ago. Stuck a Romeo 5 on it and had it sighted in in about 10 rounds. I'd sight it in at 50 yards. That leaves you very little movement on point of impact anywhere from 0-200. I can vouch that sighted in at 50 yards the difference at 25 and the difference at 100 is minimal. I haven't went out to 200 yet, but that's what they say.

And I agree with the others. I would definitely contact SA and send them pictures of it.

For the record, my LGS had two in stock and when I went back nearly a month later they were still there. They may still be there now for all I know.
Yeah Bassbob, they're out there but hit or miss. I bought a CZ Omega P01 at my LGS, and just happened to see a Saint Victor 300BO pistol, so I bought it also. My buddy the sales person, said it would have been gone in a day or two. My LGS seems to be getting in a lot of S&W M&P15 ARs, but no other brands. That's why I snapped up the Saint, as I was surprised they had one (as was my buddy).

Back