testtest

XD 40, can't remove rear sights

Hi,

I have a XD 40 that I am trying to install night sights on. I was able to replace the front sights, but the factory rear sights will not budge. Anyone have any ideas? I went to 2 different gunsmith and they both used multiple pushers, one guy even tried freezing and then tried heating both methods didn't work.

Hi,

I have a XD 40 that I am trying to install night sights on. I was able to replace the front sights, but the factory rear sights will not budge. Anyone have any ideas? I went to 2 different gunsmith and they both used multiple pushers, one guy even tried freezing and then tried heating both methods didn't work.
I can't help the 1 I have is an xdm with adjustable rear sight. I don't own any other SA products.

Hi,

XD rear sights notorious for being extremely difficult to remove due tight rear dovetail.

I can do it, without messing the slide up.
Thanks, order placed!!

Back